XP Knowledge and Questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Alice Liddell, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell Avatar

Hello Friends,
    Upon my adventures I noticed that I don't get a "You gained Xxx points" when defeating a monster.
    Do I need to toggle this on somewhere? And how do I know if I am fighting the right level?
    The nameplate above the monster is in Yellow or Orange and I get this icon in the upper right corner of the screen saying "Low XP", but I don't know how to gauge it.

Kinda confused. I tried to fight some "Red" monsters but they hurt poor Alice REAL BAD!!!

thanks in advance for help/support.

-Alice

Time Lord and 4EverLost like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope there is no "counter" they go into your pool , - if oyu want to see how much you have open your skill window they are on the bottom right corner

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Alice Liddell

Alice Liddell Avatar

Thanks Weins201,
    Now that leads to my next question... what does these numbers represent?
    Example my "Pool Experience : 2,117"... is a number that does not explain what it means. Does it need to go down or Up or what is this LOL

Sorry... just seeking advice.

-Alice

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

5. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

@Alice Liddell If you like, you can friend me in-game and I can help you with questions, hunting or both. :)

Pressing 'F' opens the social window where you can add friends.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Welcome to blind gaming LOL

They don't use XP here because they don't believe in levels - they believe in you can be anything you want as long as you have the "glyphs" - it's a completely new way of thinking.... Supposedly

However, you can look at your level. Type /stats in game. This will dump your stats into the log file located here:
    drive:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\ChatLogs

A player created a parser to view the data and can be downloaded here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ats-log-parsing-legible-stats-and-more.54410/

I use levels and will continue to do because it is a measurement to which I am accustomed and it tells me when I can move from the various skull level areas 1 - 5 skulls so far.

Example:

I am a lvl 24 mage with cloth armor currently doing some 3 skull areas (they're not balanced yet so you have to search for the ones you can do).
    When I hit 30-32 I will be able to go to the more difficult 3 skull and some 4 skull areas like wise, when I hit 45-50 I will move to the harder 4 skull and when I hit 60's I'll start working on the easier 5 skull areas until I can do the difficult dungeons.

Hope that helps - your numbers may be different since I suck at this game LOL

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game Alice.. I hope you get to figure it out and have a blast as well :)

Time Lord and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Alice to Shrouds. Also as mention when you hit the 'k' key and see your pool then you can see when fighting increases your pool. Also under the 'y' key if you set less skills to raise at a time then they won't drain your pool as badly. I know it is confusing at first, but it is a learning curve. So look for changes to it here and there as the system is still in progression to getting it balanced and fun. Like for example some don't want to fight that much and want to craft, so hopefully doing quests and crafting quests becomes a reality to raise the pool as well. I am Majoria in game if you have questions or want to chat anytime ;) . Also look at the skulls of an area on the post by the entrance, you will need 1 skull posts at first. ;) Red are highest levels, so don't try them yet.

Lord-Galiwyn and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.