Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i havent tested changing modes but the spiders have a rope attached to them, your not killing more than 12 at a time and the respawns not that fast, switching modes to reset the scene might make it possible but i doubt it, seriously, if killing spidera with an aoe was quicker there would not be a corpian debate.

KuBaTRiZeS and Spinok like this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

@Spinok my maths is Fine, I however have experienced The Exp Gained from AOE Farming after i lost my multiplier before wipe, I Went from wolves, to spiders, then To the undead section, wiped all them out and netted around 40-60k exp, doing full complete circuits killing every mob is faster and Legit as i said, doing complete circuits is the best Way to level Bar no multiplier/ Corpion Kills..

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I haven't tried it by myself, I'm just stating what i've heard... maybe the spiders are harder to kill so people are taking their chances with the ghost corpion?

Dunno, but for some releases it was my understanding that the best is to do train XP until you can AOE kill most mobs in the game, then you can grind many mobs at once and even GMing you have XP surplus in your pool. Once again, not an issue of Corpions VS Spiders but an issue of the progression system, that should be changed before persistence along with some other things.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im assuming (and hoping) anythign gained via exploit after final wipe will result in a wiping of that chars xp, gold, whatever was exploited

5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

and i am confident the Devs will Have something in place , but until then people are just making the most of it, Once final wipe comes, Everyone will come crashing to earth and progress at the same pace which is nice :) But until then, lets just stop moaning and complaining that this person or another is cheating, bugging, exploiting etc, just carry on with your own gameplay, im sure if they break the rules enough they will get their dose of karma :)

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think the concern that many players are feeling is that this is not a NEW bug.. and look how long it has taken to (not) fix it. Many people are looking at the state the game is currently in and the eyeing July on the calendar and wondering how these core, game breaking problems will be fixed in time before this "counts". And what will happen when inevitably a new group of bugs crops up and there is no "relax, a wipe is coming" to fall back on. Focusing on these issues now might help prevent some of the rollbacks that we are all concerned about in a post-wipe world.

Acred, Net, Svahn and 13 others like this.
  7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea its really not about this monster or that monster or this player or that player.

Its a design flaw (exploit) in how servers and instancing are set up. If you dont think this is a problem then you are just turing a blind eye to a wound in a game that we all love.

Just cuase alot of us "dont" use it doesnt mean after we go live and we get alot more people and compitition that alot wont.

This isnt about letting players "play" how they want. You are doing more harm than good to the community than you may relize.
    If people use this flaw to gain massive amount of gold then it waters it down and everything becomes exspensive and forces everyone to use the same tricks.
    Same goes with power leveling, if you are killing legit than AWESOME! Its up to the devs to balance the xp intake
    If you are using the flaw to get fatser respawn timers then you are working around the hard work the devs put in to create that balance and also
    The higher you are the higher others feel they should be and will try with any method availible to catch up (the Themo Law :p)
    Its a vicious circle that can start and kinda ruin some aspects of this game.

8. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I hope, but I dont share your confident. Last wipe coming fast .....

9. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

@Chris,

I think what they're trying to say is "Please beef up the Ghost Corpion so that it kills US over and over instead of the reverse, thanks!"

10. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

And while you are at it, @Chris, please consider making him a real ghost that is susceptible to life magic as his name, appearance and choice of running buddies would suggest ;)

Daxxe Diggler, Aldo, Net and 11 others like this.
  11. Noric

Noric Avatar

I agree with your message, but I don't believe 2x has anything to do with Ghost Corpion as an XP source. If ghost xp is halved all other xp is halved as well. Sure it will slow everything down but not make any difference for relative effectiveness.

What kind of mobs, and how many of them do you think would fill the gap in content for certain levels?

Womby, KuBaTRiZeS and Oba Evesor like this.
  12. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea Alex is actualy legit and I can attest to that.
    He just has alot of time to play :)

Like I said this isnt about any specific player(s).
    There are waaay worse violators than anyone involved in PvP.

I know of guys that have gotten up to 1 million gold a day using the instancing expoit.
    And the fact that there are limited in game deeds.... yea and that wont effect anyone?
    naysayers be warned when you want to buy a deed and you find out some RMT dude owns every single one.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  13. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

They need Tower of shuttered eye instancing rules everywhere.

It seems to work there and the instance stays the same. loot wise at least.
    there are loopholes but it everywhere needs to function like that and itd be a start in the right direction.

14. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I wish PvP was tracked separately somehow. Lets say you killed the corpion for 3 years straight...no one would have a chance at killing you in PvP unless they were doing the same thing. How does killing a stupid monster over and over translate to any type of PvP experience whatsoever?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  15. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

What does using active abilities have to do with anything... you can just get 5 mil pooled and gustball any skill to gm in 30 min...

Net likes this.
  16. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Reopening this thread now that it's been cleaned up. I'd like to remind people that if a post you made was removed without being contacted about it, it was likely because it was in response to another post that was removed.

That said, please post in accordance with the forum rules. Personal attacks are not acceptable or welcome.

This is a topic that is an obvious issue that should be brought to the devs attention and keep in mind they may be aware of it even if they have made no public statement on it as of yet. Many times developers will remain quiet about an issue while they figure out a good solution for it. The devs have been tagged multiple times in this post already so give them time to figure it out.

17. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Maybe i understand you wrong, but what exactly do you mean with "it seems to work there and the instance stays the same. loot wise at least.".

I am asking you because i can loot, reset instance, loot, reset instance, loot....

KuBaTRiZeS and Fister Magee like this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

yes it is, as i proved repeatedly.

19. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Because stopping to hit a gustball is inefficient and empties your pool which leaves you open for level decay, if you are maintaining an income at the same time that you raise selected abilities you do not have this problem and everything is sugar and rainbows.

20. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

You ALL realize that a system is ALREADY in place to deal with this, it is just not turned on for this particular thing right now - right? Theres an underlying system thats been coded and has/is being tested behind the scenes for identifying exploitative behavior and then capping off gold gains, skill use, skill gains and exp for players trying it. Everything is not up and balanced yet, nor is everything that is DONE hooked up yet.

Relax folks. The panic train doesnt need to leave the station. This has been talked about by @Chris unto oblivion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.