Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

how are you achieving this just by log in>out inside the scene? or the party trick?

3. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

party, it still works :/

I use 2 Accounts:
    - solo with 1st account
    - 2nd account invites 1st account
    - 1st account invites 2nd account
    - solo with 1st account
    - 2nd account invites 1st account
    - 1st account invites 2nd account
    and so on...

was atleast the best pattern for me in the Tower, always had an fresh instance with fresh loot

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yea like i said there are still loopholes, but it functions solo wise generaly how it should, and all zones should have that
    even with the loophole its still a step in right direction.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

If they have the capacity but don't enforce it, they risk setting a bad precedent.

If a significant portion of the community that funds Portalarium gets used to nonenforcement... Can we trust them to bite the hand that feeds for the greater good?

We also are a very short time from have persistence and haven't gone a release since i started without there being some major exploit active.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

SP/FP/MP brings a new world of challenges from the design perspective. Zone and instance hoping isn't new, for sure. But I'm not certain that it's a big deal.

The pace of the grind vs the need to grind must be balanced as a whole. How players gather the MOBs to grind is one piece of the puzzle.

KuBaTRiZeS and margaritte like this.
  7. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I don't consider this to be just an isolated case of exploitative behavior that should be detected and then punish the player individually. It's a combination of the faults that the progression system has, and if the way it's working doesn't change they won't go away. You can try to plug the holes, but more will appear. This is the time to change the way XP pool works into a system that keeps what's good and remove what's bad.
    One that may disappear if instead of granting XP per mob killed we just note that the player is active because he's killing mobs, and use the "activity meter" to calculate the amount of XP that each skill is earning.

Womby and Net like this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They have fixed relogging while alone to reset the scene, which is how people were doing it before, they fixed root, which is another way people were doing it before, its not that devs havent tried to fix it, its that people find out new ways to exploit it and dont report it until they are satisfied by what level they acquire from it

Jarl Atogrim likes this.
  9. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Well resetting something with party create/disband over and over again is nothing you really have to figure out...
    It`s also no exploit.

Still, i hope they can prevent it somehow before the final wipe.
    Otherwise everyone can just farm anything he wants 24/7.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The difference between now and later is that later you can be penalized for doing things like this. And once devs realize whats going on, they have the tools to look and see who is doing it. But at the moment it doesnt matter much. If there is not a bug report for it, then itsa good idea to make one because attenwood checks the bug forums every day.

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Macroeconomics is tricky. Change one calculations and the players will find a new way. Not saying your method isn't better but it's only addressing experience. What about the resources gained or reputation (if that was a thing) or any other value that is being obtained from combat.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Dungeons tend to have 1 person doing the instancing, and there is no multiplayer with them its friends online and solo mode, with the corpion they are swapping friends online to multiplayer effectively making 2 spawns. And the bigger exploit is actually people trapping it inside the ribcage next to the spawn to prevent it from moving.(the ribcagething needs to be mentioned in the bug report)

I think if you had a fee skeletal archers spawn around it now and then and put it on more open terrain. Also having it change spawn location every time would be great

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  13. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Fixing the current easy route into XP heaven is not fixing the issue. Just fixing a leak... but if you don't tear down the wall more leaks will appear. I agree that people not reporting is also part of the issue, but the devs are the ones that needs to tear down the wall, replace the piping and make a progression system that's really fitting for the use based system. The XP pool and skill decay thing have good things, But it still has too much of the level system over it. Just bad piping.

EDIT: as you mentioned in the other thread it's true that currently the bigger issue is on how easy is the corpion to kill compared to its reward, but that doesn't change that's it's just a leak of some bad piping.
    That's right, Macroeconomics is another side of the coin, and that's one that may only be fixed with respawn control. I intended to address only experience with my method because this is not the only thing that feels odd because of the progression system, and I think my proposal may fix those. Once progression is working fine, we can worry about macroeconomics.

Regarding boss camping i think this is an excellent idea:
    Make open world bosses spawn in different points of different scenes could solve the boss camping issue, and also makes the game less gamey.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Any progression system that allows you to get greater reward for higher risk is gonna work the same. This one just makes the reward not as immediate as most do

15. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i also want to point out... That the Corpion is not a Bug......

Its an Arachnid....

16. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

best thing ive read all week :) that is sig worthy my friend.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  17. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

could you work it into the one your working on for me? :)

18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

So it's a ghost arachnid that does not take life damage?

19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

In all respectable online games there is a mechanism solving this, it can be called eula or rules or etc. You just need to wipe character or ban account of bugusers, devs cant foresee all, if you used it hundred, thousand scale and didnt report its a bugusing, its not a testing. There is completely zero chances that people who use such"tricks"would not do it in a future if they will find possibility(exceptions on the level of statistical error), this we can see on any example in RL.

At least this model proved in RL.

Another way is put 80% of most powerfull creatures in open pvp locations, competition will do the rest for both(PVP and not PVP) zones.

20. Noric

Noric Avatar

The slap on the wrist that they gave air and the inaction on water slows were completely inadequate and those were both widely highlighted by players.

Portalarium seems to act extremely conservatively on tuning things down, and considering they only patch one week a month it's open season for people that want to exploit.

KuBaTRiZeS and Oba Evesor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.