Yeah, another on lot selection

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by scruffycavetroll, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

So when lot selection starts, I know we'll need to get past Arabella, which is a few moments, then out of the first area.

After that though, will we actually need to walk to the town we want our lot to be in, or will there be some kind of selection screen that shows the towns that you can click on which then brings up a layout of the town and the open lots?

I'm asking as if there are places in higher level areas (or will monsters scale to the level of the player) how would a new player get there, or is the intention that those lots will need a higher level player to obtain?

How will people know where they want to be if they haven't seen the whole of the game yet, or a world map?

I play very limited during the development period as I don't want to burn out on the game before it's ready.

Leelu, Xandra7, smack and 1 other person like this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

Most people will have many days to prepare, and will be allowed in the game from July 28th onward, so there is little cause for concern.

Put another way, say you're somewhere between Group 10 and Group 91. You'll have at least 2 days, and up to ~4 weeks, to get in the game, finish a few quests, level up, travel around, pick out a spot, and then wait for your selection threshold time to come up.

The only people that have to 'rush' through that content are in Group 1, and even they get many hours of prep time.

Leelu, Elwyn, Alley Oop and 7 others like this.
  3. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Yeah, I'm group whatever on august 8th, a saturday...at least I'm pretty sure that's where I am. So I know i'll have at least a week or so after final wipe to start building up the toon.

Leelu and Katrina Bekers like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

This had me thinking...will /zoning still be enabled by the time final wipe / lot selection happens?

Leelu likes this.
  5. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

/zone is being replaced "at release" with a skill using a consumable item, which is craftable.

Unsure at this point whether /zone will still be functional during the "land rush" which is prior to release as in understand it. The new version may be introduced during a release prior to final wipe I guess.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Dumdidum

Dumdidum Avatar

What does "wipe" mean in this regard. Will it be a full wipe, all skills all levels all items except for pledge rewards, or do we keep banked stuff, for instance. And /or do we get the faster level buff or is this going to be a true fresh start ?

Leelu likes this.
  7. agra

agra Avatar

In the most recent Hangout video they said everything will be wiped except maybe not social things like friends and guilds.
    Character wipes in the past have deleted every item, ownership, lot, house, etc. All items, gone, banked or otherwise. So it seems reasonable that this wipe will be the same. Everything you had will be gone, XP, skills, levels and items.
    As far as the 4x XP gain multiplier, I presume it will be gone forever after July 28th, but who knows?

Leelu likes this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

A "full wipe" is just that. Everything. Your bank gets re-seeded with items based on your pledge level. This tends to remove any bad data in the system, and also removes duplicate pledge rewards (usually side-effects of pledge level upgrades) that you won't get to have after Final Wipe. Hopefully they get it right the first time and we don't have the "missing basement" problem again like this release. They have been doing this every three months for quite a while so far.

To make up for the inconvenience, you get 4x skill advancement up to your previous character's exp level. (This also applies if you re-roll your character, re-roll twice in a row and the 4x is gone because your "previous" level was 1!) They are probably going to turn off the 4x at Final Wipe.

There can also be a "skills wipe" as in R21, where only skills were reset because of the new use-based skills system.

Usually a full wipe does not include social info such as guilds and friends list, but they want to make enough of a change to how friends list works that they would like to wipe social as well in R32. Whether that actually happens or not, we'll have to see.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Then unfortunately, you will not be as familair as others who do play during this period. Many of your questions would be answered by joining in on the test fest.

Leelu and Mordakai like this.
  10. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

Doesn't it almost make you wish you were too poor to buy a lot and deed? They don't have your problem.

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Well no I quite frequently run in to money troubles and it's not that fun.. although this land rush thing has been going amok in my head for quite some time now ;P so ur atleast half right ^^

Leelu likes this.
  12. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

hmm... i read this https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=56208
    but I'm still not quite sure which group I belong

Doing the 2 quest is a piece of cake

I got the original Kickstarter Knight pledge... 2013-04-06

If I'm reading it right, that kinds of puts me in the ROYAL FOUNDERS: (pre-May 20, 2013 Backers) ?
    • Group 1 = 64 hours
    • Group 2 = 59 hours
    • Group 3 = 54 hours

Leelu likes this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Perhaps go to some place that tell you what you want like -
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/final-lot-selection-draft.43966/
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2DegnVD0JRDWg3dnpZpw2z9Kww9J_yUYyYMY5skbV8/pub

Leelu likes this.
  14. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

hmm... upon further reading, seems like:

• KNIGHT AND KNIGHT MARSHAL: Groups 37 - 45
    • ROYAL FOUNDER: (pre-May 20, 2013 Backers)
    • Group 37
    • Total Pledge > $1300
    • Start Time: August 8, 2016 03:00 CDT (08:00 UTC)
    • Backers: 8
    • Group 38
    • Total Pledge = $751 - $1300
    • Start Time: August 8, 2016 08:00 CDT (13:00 UTC)
    • Backers: 304
    • Group 39
    • Total Pledge = $750
    • Start Time: August 8, 2016 13:00 CDT (18:00 UTC)
    • Backers: 205

Leelu and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.