Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

YEW - a few impressions ...

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

First: The design looks good.

There are only two things making this place feeling uninviting ...

1. must it be so dark? Thinking about elves, I have the picture of light, sparkling, flowers ... and a kind of welcoming place. It's ok, the fog is around, but couldn't it be more bright? Brookside is also foggy, but not so dark as yew ...

2. It feels so empty. I also found a house (I think, not owned by player, middle of yew!) totally empty ...

After we made progress in load times and frame rates, could we see some more inhabitants?
    May be a few playing (not scaring!) children? And a few more squirrels, owls and butterflies?
    --> This would also be important for other (big) towns, like Ardoris ... Small Soltown feels more alive!

Numa, Belladonna Rose and Elrond like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I agree. It was rather lacking in inhabitants. Children playing and more elves walking about in other areas would be nice. And not just guards. Also this being a town whether storyline or PRT there should be more merchants there. Make a big deal about a town and its lacking alot. But on the other hand they have a week to fill it up and get it more appealing. Lots of things in there to be fixed.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Elves in this game are a bit different, so I didn't expect Yew to be sparkling or full of flowers on the elves' account, but I agree with you assessment that the place is not light enough. Before I read your post, I posted my own feedback about the fog. In truth, I would call the place gloomy and uninviting. Not a place I want to spend any time in.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Cant say anything yet, since I havent been able to play, but theres something magical I think about a shadowy forest glen, and I saw the screenshots in Dev+ and it looked okay to me there. So I'm sure something can be made out of it that feels elven. Even if its elven in a Froudian sense.

I could picture though a rare luminescent butterly or luminescent bird, white stag, etc.

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We have increased the population in the scenes but we intend for it to stay shrouded.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Maybe somewhere in Novia will be a fine, nice village of happy and nice looking Elves.
    There the sun will shine, water burbles, Squirrels are playing with acorns, butterflys are all around and people juggle with fruits :)

Well, and maybe there will start a little nice quest we can't imagine, what dimension it takes later ...
    And - who knows - may be on this path we will find an answer why Yew was shrouded ...

We have to dream - because 4 Episodes are waiting to be filled with content :)

Thank you DarkStarr :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.