Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

You can only blink 1 meter into a property, including your own

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

2/3/2018 3:20 PM
    Title: You can only blink 1 meter into a property, including your own
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:

Blink lets you go about 1 meter into your own, or another player property, but no farther, until you cross the property lines. I'm assuming this is a bug because if it were intending to keep players from blinking across, it would stop them AT the property line, not part way in.

Three Cases tested:
    1. Property is open (including your own). You can blink about 1 meter into the property, no farther.
    2. Banned from property. Icon indicates you can blink in, but when you do it returns you to your original spot
    3. Locked doors, icon goes vertical up the door area, even if open, no way to blink into the house.
    So the bug is number one, perhaps it is a holdover for trying to keep players out of locked properties. But since a player can blink part way onto the property, they should be able to do it not at all (on property lines) or as far as they want.

The second option would eliminate a lot of weird behavior and confusion when running through town.

Since 2 and 3 are working correctly, whatever is happening on 1 is probably a legacy stopgap that is no longer needed.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to blink across property lines. Test how far you can go. You can make it onto the property (if you're not banned) but only about 1 meter in.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Soryn Fields
    Area Display Name: Soryn Fields
    Loc: (141.7, 41.2, -67.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxTb3J5biBGaWVsZHN8KDE0MS42NTQsIDQxLjE3MywgLTY3LjgyNSl8KDAsIDAuODg1LCAwLCAtMC40NjYpfDIzNS43NzY1fDIxLjI4NzYxfDQuNzk5OTk0

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

[​IMG]

My property.

This isn't a distance from user based thing, as you can see on the left I'm much closer than the spot on the right.

In both cases I'm just outside the property line.

The one on the left is near the property line, the one on the right is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.