You should own a Remote Bank

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Who? Anyone with a lot that they use.

Unless the banker is standing within a few seconds from your front door, you should buy a bank.

It is possibly the most useful object in the game. The global bank system made them into a gold, must have item.

Crafting, inventory management, dressing up, moving, decorating, all of it is easier with a bank on your property.

If you can imagine playing without any containers, not having a bank is like that.

I know the feeling, the first time I was going to get a bank (I think $30 back then!) I was really hesitant. But after having one you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Totally agree. Starting to wish I had two now.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They go on sale periodically in the in-game addon store. Definitely one of the most useful housing items in the game these days. If I'm camping a zone, I'll fill up my inventory, dump it in the closest town (NPC or POT), rinse and repeat, then when I get home, I can sort by location, and pull out everything I dumped in that specific town to sort out at home.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t have one, and can’t see any benefit for even owning one. I grab the components I need to make whatever I need to make, and head off to the crafting station next door.

But I am not a gigantic industrialized crafting organization or a POT owner. If I was, that would be extremely handy to have.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I don't use it for crafting, myself. But it's very useful when dealing with decorating lots spread out across the game. ;) I can drop a container full of X items in the bank that's too heavy to generally carry and pick them up at the house being decorated. Also of course, my previous note about camping a zone (Useful when mining, for example).

It'd be even better if they made it so you can open the bank device when it's in your inventory instead of requiring it be placed on a lot. ;)

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  6. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Can you carry it in your inventory and access it from your backpack? THAT sounds like an item I need to own

7. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I loved having one when I had to buy 4000 granite. I couldn't carry it all so they allowed me to place my bank device on their property.

8. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I carry it around, but you have to have access to the property to put it down to use it.

9. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Still sounds pretty cool for big weight transactions

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, when I'm going to @Vladamir Begemot weekly swap meet, I'll drop my items I want to sell in the bank, and then whomever is hosting has one available I can use to pull it out, so I don't have to crawl to the destination. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.