Your Ultima Online Character and/or favorite moments - SNAPSHOTS and PICS

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by sakuraba, Nov 13, 2013.

?

UO? Yes or No.

1. I have fond memories of UO.

95 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. I didn't like it!

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. I didn't play it!

11 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I play the one and only UO in Trammel. That is where it is at for me. All the new adventures are awesome. Just go with the flow and discover new things.

I am glad you like 1998 UO. Many people live in the past as it brings back good memories. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope SotA brings true PvP for those that want it and Trammel for those that like PVE , quests, storylines, and crafting.

2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I really wish I had screenshots from back then. It's the only game I can think of I still want screenshots of. Generally I just wipe things out/throw them away, don't care, memories are enough. But it's hard to share those memories with others.

I've played free shards, they aren't the same. Also half the fun of playing UO was meeting up with my brother and dad and IRL friends and playing the game with them. I can't wait till we get to do that here. We've played a few games since then together, Wow, eve: online but games these days are designed so they can't join me, if I'm max level wow doing raid dungeons the only thing I can do with my mid level friends/family is run them through dungeons to catch up to me. In UO it didn't matter they way out skilled me, within a few days or a week I was capable of following them around and joining in and raising my skills with them. That is what I hope we get in this game. Some competitiveness is fine, but I liked the more laid back feeling of UO, where we could wander around, do as we pleased, explore content that would kill us by just running past it or going invis/hidding.

Time Lord and Saosis like this.
  3. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

I really hope it does the former, and does not do the latter.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Hothnogg

Hothnogg Avatar

Remember my first day on UO, round bank picking up left overs people had thrown away just to survive the bank spawns. then making my way out with a mate i made into the outskirts of Brit looking for anything to kill. seeing a lizard and attacking it, only for it to turn into a pk and kick our butts lol OMG was days of adrenalin pumping action. Then got suckered int going into fire island and got stuck there for 3 days

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  5. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

I spent so much time as a bank scrounger in my early days. It is how I financed everything I had. First house was in Felucca in the desert of compassion. I recall the thrill of waking up to a house full of angry scorpions. Worst defeat I ever suffered was at the claws of a vicious mongbat. I also think fondly on having to race through Destard to rescue my horse. (well his ghost at least) I still have that horse.

Hothnogg and Time Lord like this.
  6. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

To my previous posts in this thread I could add something more:

Playing on a Minecraft server with PvP and griefing allowed gives me almost the same feeling as I UO did. Recently I went to a non-griefing server of Minecraft because my favourite server is undergoing maintenance. It was so boring. People were just building stuff for no reason. There was no reason to play because there was nothing to lose.
    There was no reason to explore people's buildings because there were no chests to loot and no TNT/lava/gravel traps to fall into and die, marveling at the cruel mind of the one who set those traps in such a fashion that even an experienced looter as myself fell into them.
    It truely strikes fear into me how people are given the chance to want to be ANYTHING in a MMO game yet they want to be NOTHING and settle for a boring life of an experience and items farmer bound to do repetitive boring actions in a shallow world with no risk involved and no scams allowed. There must be something wrong with the people of our age. And it is indeed sad that even the Roleplaying community, the guys who are supposed to have imagination and taste for ADVENTURE, are plagued with this too.

It's amazing how UO is a great example of how a MMORPG should be made to be epic.
    Too bad most developers lack the imagination and the skills required to do a real game, so they do something crappy instead.

Hothnogg and tomsawyer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.