Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Zombies and Plague

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by CrandalltheFoole, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Zombies - Since the latest release, they are still not that difficult to kill. The problem I am seeing with their upgraded plague is that you no longer survive without the healing plague potion.
    Previously, if you had something to eat, and put away your weapons, your health just barely kept up with the plague, and you could get some harvesting done.
    It costs you 200 gold and a zombie really does not get you that much loot, I see it as a losing venture. I suggest that we need a recipe for healing plague and one of the zombie drops is an ingredient in the potion, like a vaccine.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Train up the cure glyphs both single and aoe. It should be very effective around 20ish. Also if you're out of combat mode, your health regeneration will keep you alive.

3. agra

agra Avatar

I saw a single zombie in crag foothills kill a bear patriarch, an obsidian wolf, and more, yesterday in Crag Foothills.
    And that was AFTER it was dead, when all those NPC's went back to their normal spawn points.
    [​IMG]
    an NPC at rest regenerates health at an astonishing rate. But not enough to combat the ol' Zombie Plague! ;)

Gix and Katrina Bekers like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm not sure I like the "Just use X skill, problem solved" suggestion. It's almost suggesting that every player should play in a very specific way.
    • Need healing spell.
    • Need light spell.
    • Need cure spell.
    • Need douse spell (PvP).
    • etc...
    You most likely didn't mean anything by it but those don't fix problems.

Personally, my problem with the Zombie Plague is how stupid easy it is to catch it. It's guaranteed the instant you enter combat with a zombie. If you play a stealth character that means you absolutely have to cure it at every zombie encounter or else you can't utilize the one thing you specialized for; encouraging avoiding zombies completely and/or suffer asinine mechanics.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Until bandages feature is implemented (if ever), it would be unwise to not have those spells in handy to negate any long duration debuffs. The current counters to those debuffs would be either learning the glyphs or buy/craft potions (which is rather expensive in the long term).

I have never once use any potions in this game due to the delay time on both usage and cool down. However, having both single and aoe purify glyphs solve my debuff issues. For me, it's not even about play style, these are just glyph buttons for me to click, so I won't die.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

What I'm ultimately saying is: This needs to be adjusted/fixed and suggested workarounds (as helpful as they may be) are not solutions.

If we were anywhere else than the R27 Feedback forums, then I wouldn't be so aggressive about it.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Using purify is not a workaround, it is a solution as it is designed to remove debuff.

But anyway, now that you addressee the issue especially for stealthing scenario, what would be your proposed solutions then? Make stealth immune to disease? Cool down after cured? Cheaper potion?

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

in R28 Cure Plague Potion will offer temporary immunity and prevent propagation of plague

9. agra

agra Avatar

Good news, everyone! (/Farnsworth)
    Question... can we craft Cure Plague Potions, and if so, are the produced batches of Potions in stacks of 10? :p;):D

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Crafting Cure Plague Potions is on schedule for Release 29

11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This post captures an earlier point in a different way. With the past plague design, it was possible to have the plague but still play with it as a dire (but not life ending) impediment. This enabled a choice similar to what death magic players have - a choice to play 'on the edge.' Now that choice is gone. The game is now have potion or cleanse spell to fight zombies, else don't fight zombies. Is that intended?

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Prevention + Cure = Quest~
    I'm hoping that there's time once you get the plague, to cure the plague before it becomes a deadly serious issue.
    It should be a sort of "ticking time bomb" type of issue, which then sends the player in search of the cure before they die.

A reasonable amount of time before death needs to be determined by how long it would take to find and gather everything needed to make the cure. The NPC Alchemist should have the word, "plague" as a trigger to finding the cure.
    Just my opinion... ;)!
    ~Time Lord~
    :rolleyes:

GreyMouser2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.