Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Zone exits should be marked on the compass by default in new player areas.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Ancev, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Just a suggestion - but from new player feedback - I think at least one or more of the zone exits should be visible at all times on the compass/POI in Soltown, and all of the Outskirts areas.. regardless if your player has discovered the exits.

mike11 and Budner like this.
  2. Araminus

Araminus Avatar

Hm, intersting idea. As a new player myself (haven't played a lot before and not for ages and started from scratch) I have to admit, I am not bothered by that. The first few times yes, it feels "huge" and "where do I go" but again, I don't mind, it adds to the feeling of discovery and curiosity. And once you got around it doesn't feel that big anymore.
    A compromise would be to obtain a map or POIs from a guard if you ask them or do a quest for them?

liz_the_wiz, Ancev and Chatele like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

That would be nice. If guards could actually provide some useful information.......

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

As an old EQ player I have to say one of the things that really signified the downfall startings of EQ for me was the intruction of a map system. If you go back to 30 years ago, chances are you didnt have the maps of every place you'd go, you'd stop at the petrol station and buy a new map of the area, behind one of the seats of the car was like 15 maps.. Much as I love sotamap, having it in game I think is spoiling it for me and I tend not to use it, just because I shouldnt know exactly where everyone lives and so on if ive never been there.

However, Im with @Ancev through, the guards should, you should be able to ask for "Where is the blacksmith" or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.