Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Zone instancing and your friends

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by FounderLace, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FounderLace

FounderLace Avatar

Because non groped players can wind up in different instances of the overland map and of scenes, the /zone command was handy to synch up with your friend. You can say well group up and zone together, sure but for events or groups over 8 or so this will not work.

In running the bi-athalon event for the overland map we had to send folks into a scene and back out to the overland map to try to get them synched with the race official.

One way EQ2 handled this was a display of which instance number of that particular scene you were in and a drop down that allowed you to change instances when more than one was spooled up.

I strongly feel we need some way to change instances, since very soon we will not be able to zone (without crafting cost) to a friend in order to be in the same instance, and even so this method is not conducive to player run events.

Very much want to see something like Person A can say I am in instance 1003 and person B can swap to that instance to meet up with their non grouped friends.

2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Stop! You're shattering my illusion, I like to believe instances don't exist. :(

3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Sounds like they need a /sync command that allows you to select your friend in the friend list and then it puts you (and your groups) into the same instance as long as you are all in the same scene to start with... (and as long as nobody is in currently in combat).

Lace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.