Zones scaling to your current level.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShurTugal, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I think the power of the over world map and the use of scenes is that, if the game chooses, it can have all different rule sets within the same virtual world.

Having a few level scaling scenes I feel could be a nice feature, I would not want all scenes to be level scaling. For many of the reasons already given in this thread. But i'm always a fan of choices. So making some non essential (eg don't make it one of the puzzle buff scenes) scene scale tier with level could be fun.

I would actually be more of a fan of a few scenes that scaled with party size rather character level.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Jason_M likes this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Here is my take on your idea/concept as well as a tweak:

1) Make an option at scene entrance for normal/difficult.

2)If your choice is difficult the either double the number of mobs or double the difficulty. Let’s say Crag Foothills for example, double the farming nodes along with mobs or split the type of mobs. Elves can be half hardened and half Elite. Same for all other mob types. Also increase loot by 50 percent.

Key thing is to make it optional.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

Feeyo likes this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I disagree. Farming is far too easy at the moment. And no i am not one of those adlvl 200 guys.
    Non the less i don't see a point in discussing this deeper, because i doubt level scaling will ever happen *shrugs*.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I think the Lost Vale solution is a nice one: solve a puzzle, loot a key-item, and use the key item on some kind of receptacle and.....

The instance goes beserk :eek::D

Perhaps a few scenes could be "refreshed" to have some kind of scaling on demand.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I can go back and show you at least 3 - 4 times this has been brought up.

Now scaling how about we stop just catering to the - "I can go into a scene and it is BoOAaring" crowd and work on what has been abandoned.

Make control points what they could / should be a tier climbing and then open a new room / area.

Make area like Deep Ravenswood, have at the top of the hill an Undead "Castle" that you HAVE to beat a progressive spawn at the entrance, courtyard, inside then a dungeon. Kind of like the Epitath???? BUt MUST clear like the Campandium of pain. In the end you will never appease people who have so much skill a Anchient Dragon is a cake walk.

Some many option out there than just ,making any scene cater to players with skill.

There is (was) so much potential all over that is being squandered.

REMEBER YOU CANNOT IN ANY OF THESE INCREASE LOOT TO THE POINT IT IS MORE VALUABLE TO JUST FAR IT.

Feeyo and Elwyn like this.
  6. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

It doesn't feel like they are catering to the "boring crowd" that being said your ideas sound fantastic and are exactly what would be a really positive thing. I do agree that there was and still is a tremendous amount of potential so we shall see what the future holds. :) I am after all still playing the game :)

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That's a very, very, very cool idea. I would love a necromancer's stronghold versiom of the Compendium :)

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Scaling zones would remove any sense of progression. No thanks.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.