1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Barrels and crates...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 12, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The way an Avatar opens barrels and crates is currently a hefty karatelike kick that splinters the wood.

That is quite fine for the rural population, like my Ranger.

However I do intend in the future to create two additional characters that are either shying away from such a primitive show of brutal strength or would want to open them in a more elegant way.

Could you imagine for example a Wizard - instead of kicking the barrel/crate in, he snaps and sparkles his finger like a questgiver and the barrel and crates wooden planks disintegratte into dust that slowly sinks to the floor, giving access to the inside goods. [​IMG]

Or a Knight, Paladin or Templar might want to give the barrel / crate one well targetted and carefully administered hit with a heavy weapon on top, instead of moving their legs in some unseemly fashion, to reveal the insides of the barrel / crate...

2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

How would the game figure which one of these archetypes I am?
    This is not D&D, so there are no actual classes.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Runescape introduced animation variations through their cash shop. They added animations for most skill animations, but also teleports and stuff. This could be a viable option that would both allow us to chose and provide more funds to the game.

FBohler likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If there's a way to pay to be able to open chests / containers in combat mode, I'll pay.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

To this day I do not understand that I can go from combat mode, switching to axe or pickaxe and chop trees or mine ore and back to combat mode again without a problem - but opening a common sack? No, you have to go out of combat for that to work... Even worse in a world where Mimics DO exist. When I touch a chest I want to do it with a 10footpole and not my hands...

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Good question. Using the specialization is far too late to give the answer, so it would need to be a choice of the player once he has aquired some magical skill.

Game option: If available to your character do you want to open barrels and crates with a Chuck Norris Roundhouse kick for a martial display of your prowess? The snap of your sparkling fingers or a wave of your wand to disintegrate the wood planks to gain the contents like any true Magister of the Arcane Arts would? Or rather remove the containers bindings with a delicate blow of your heavy weapon so that it falls apart?

7. Buzzard Bait

Buzzard Bait Avatar

They will open using a bow but not any other magic I tried on them. Did not think to hit them with a stick or blade