Spells..

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Heavy Smoker, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Does anyone know how one would make every spell hit for 70-200 damage? Theres one guy on the game and he instant kills pretty much everyone with his death and lightning spells, I've yet to see anyone else hit for 188 damage so I know there is a trick that I'm missing.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Death magic seems to be the most powerful in this release. He probably put all his points into Intelligence and Death Magic and may be very high level.

Net likes this.
  3. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Meh thing is he hits for this much with lightning and ice arrow also, while he still has plenty hp, I put 40 into int and used the int buff and still was unable to hit for over 60ish

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I know who you are talking about and he is quite high level and beat many of us to death extensively testing builds and tweaking them. Last release i would comfortably take him on, this release .. nope lol.

5. smack

smack Avatar

What level are you and what level was he?

6. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Doesn't matter, why should anyone be hitting for 200 damage with a spell, it doesn't matter what level you are he still hits anyone for this amount... I'm level 55 and I know he isn't higher level than parallelogram and he hits 20x harder.. There is obviously a bug and balance issue in all spells

7. smack

smack Avatar

20x harder? Come on, this guy was hitting for 200 points so Parallelogram was hitting for 10 points? :)

But yeah we know combat is unbalanced. So having some frame of reference for scaling in terms of attributes and skill points that you can potentially dump into certain skills, especially innates. So you're level 55 and hitting for 60 points in most spells? Mind posting your spec?

Duke Violation likes this.
  8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Well, it's a pre-alpha... there hasn't really been a true balancing pass... currently they're fixing the bleeding but they're not really balancing. The true balancing is for later. The art is finding people who don't grief and exploit and enjoying the game with them BETWEEN the test times where you find those issues and report them :)

It's totally believable that a game that has had combat development for less than a year and pvp development for less than six months and hasn't had a single beta test has some balancing issues ;) All in due time! Until then, might I suggest not trying to make so many enemies? Instead, report the issues you find after thoroughly testing them to help develop a more qualified report with solid information to back it up. Additionally, if you find a specific person always to be exploiting in PvP you could do what we do... call a guildy and solve the issue with player justice!

I personally have never been hit for 150+ and have never hit for over 105. but I know a few in our guild have thoroughly tested the system and can hit for more than that... we've reported the issues/exploits we've found and we don't use them except to compete against others who are actively using them against us.

Mind if I ask who you're talking about? I'd like to talk with them directly and have a few duels to see what happens :)

On another note: We see you exploiting the death debuff clear from logoff/logon frequently and sometimes attempting to kill people at skill trainers after utilizing that exploit, how is one exploit a more serious offense than another? Just a thought.

Moonshadow, KuBaTRiZeS and Net like this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I wouldn't complain.....in fact I'm over the moon.......makes a nice change that it is a mage doing damage instead if these horrible so called warriors in their tin suits.

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Tin plate warrior after he realises he has been nerfed to hell.......

[​IMG]

KuBaTRiZeS, smack and Moonshadow like this.
  11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Those are the new spell crits bud. Some spells hit really ahrd with Int now, and on top of that they cna crit, and crit more often if you stand still.

Which would make a 60 dmg Ice Arrow hit become a 120 ice arrow hit, or a 80 dmg fireball be a 160 dmg fireball. DoT can crit too.

Death touch is the OP currently and is probably next in line to be nerfed since everyone who follows trends uses it.

Also Melee didnt get as nerfed as some folsk implied. Armor jsut got better ;) <----side note
    Melee skills also crit but they dotn show when they crit. Onyl auto attacks SHOW crit as a yellow number. All other skilled attacks jsut hit hard without any crit notification

Net likes this.
  12. Net

Net Avatar

I know I managed with stack of 5 Deathfields crit over 300, which was instant kill. I am not quite sure if it was after the patch 199. But spells can do nice damage when they crit.

13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Pretty sure we are talking about Fortimus Absolutus. He isn't exploiting, magic just crits now.

14. smack

smack Avatar

That's gotta be pre-199. I was using that consistently and never hitting that much. But then again, I have a gimped build that has like 10 INT at level 36 :)

15. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I love how instantly when I post anything on these forums people start attacking me instantly. It's pretty hilarious, I'm simply letting people know their is an issue when someone 1 hit kills people with a 1 second spell.

16. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

First off nice try at making me look bad, considering I never kill anyone that is using the skill trainer unless they have recently killed me etc.. So good attempt.

17. MRHELLBOX

MRHELLBOX Avatar

And so it begins =/......

18. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

What begins?

19. MRHELLBOX

MRHELLBOX Avatar

Christmas

Hettar and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You have more morals than me........I'd happily kill someone at the skill trainer, I'm a Pk.....if I wanted a fair fight I'd call myself a PvPer ;)

Hagen, Smoop and Duke Violation like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.