Ghost creatures behavior and animations

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I do not know if this is a bug, intended or something else.

All Ghost creatures (at least the ones in Spectral mines and in Necropolis Barrens) have the following behavior and animations:

After a Ghost has spotted and targeted the player, they perform a directed attack animation toward the player (I *think* it is the Gust spell animation). Currently, this just is an animation that is played. No attack is however directed at the player. What I do not know is when ghost creatures spot and then target the player, when they play the directed attack animation toward the player, that does no damage or anything, is this the proper behavior for these creatures or not? That part I do not know.

A long time ago Chris set them up to do a focus drain (?) that happens when the ghost spots and targets and then does a directed attack animation at the player. Currently, ghosts no longer do any focus drain attack, so I am wondering since the focus drain was removed, is the directed attack animation that is played when a ghost creatures spots and targets the player, supposed to still be playing?

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think this applies a debuff.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Nope. Nothing.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I paid careful attention while getting the blessing of agility today and there is a strength debuff but it comes from some kind of magic arrow. The "gust" doesn't seem to do anything. It should blow me back and have a chance to stun me.