Oh boy, here I go posting again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deus Blackheart, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I seem to remember that a long time ago there were a couple in Skrekk. I went there recently looking for them but they're nowhere to be found.

Adam Crow and Rinaldi like this.
  2. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

My only comment is that the rarity of gold and silver is one reason everyone isn't walking around covered in "max level" gear. Is adding some scraps from scrapping going to tip the scales on that, probably not, but there is an inflection point somewhere at which the economy for gear collapses and the path to it is lined with gold and silver.

3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Well coming from a player that actually plays, the economy won't change much adding gold and silver scraps... It really wouldn't do much for a player like myself who is already set up for mining and crafting. It would just make getting into it seem less grindy, and make 2 recipes actually usable. Right now the gold and silver scrap recipes aren't viable because we can mine much faster than you could ever farm gold or silver scraps. You get much less gold and silver ingots if you try and farm scrap right now. Prob like 95% less ingots then if you were just mining...

If you added like 20 ways to acquire gold/ silver scraps, the rng of crafting would still tear it apart. It would just polish up the fact these recipes are unusable.

Currently a new player will see the recipe and search for how they're suppose to acquire scraps. But there isn't a viable way to do it. Rinaldi explained it well.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Unfortunately I don't want to have to micromanage that many sets of gear to protect against a durability mechanic that shouldn't exist alongside the RNG of creation in the first place. At present, you get screwed on both ends - creating the gear and wasting 99% of the mats, and then it doesn't even last you. Blessing of maintenance does nothing notable to mitigate durability loss in my experience.

My personal choice is not to spend months (years) grinding out the gear I want and then not be able to wear it because of durability concerns. That's a bit stupid. Every time we bring up the horrible problems with crafting system the answer is always "well, just accept mediocrity." But even with "godly tier" gear, a significant amount of end game content is not possible except with very twitchy builds involving fire magic or pets and unlocked glyphs, so not wearing my best = not an option if I want to have an enjoyable game experience and be efficient and/or pull my weight in a group not using one of those builds.

I have done nearly all the content in the game at this point. I don't want to just casually run around whacking stuff in Tier 5 scenes, I actually want to do the other stuff, and for that, you need the gear.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Its more for consistency than for any sort of economic benefit at this point, unless the game wanted to start spitting them out in meaningful quantities (such as on par with metal scraps or wood scraps).

Adam Crow likes this.