Whiteguard Foothills ore node visibility

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ysold, May 4, 2024.

1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

The ore nodes in Whiteguard Foothills are quite hard to see and target. Other scenes with the same layout (Twins Foothills a.o.) have ore nodes at least double size.
    Whiteguard Foothills (tier 2) is a very nice zone to train gathering skills for a new character so I think it would be a good idea to make the ore nodes easier to find.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Ysold, whiteguard foothills is only tier 2. twins foothills is tier 5. ore node sizes are normalized to the tier, which goes with getting more ore and possibly secondary materials from the higher tiers.

3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Yes, it's low tier, that's why I would like it if the nodes were more visible. Players that just started gathering don't have the experience to recognize an ore node and neither do they have (high) survey skill. Why make it extra hard for them?

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Players that "just started gathering" would not be in Whiteguard Foot Hills. The usual way, at least when it comes from starting in Solace Bridge Massacre following the quests is Solace Bridge Outskirts, Soltown and then Castle Atos and Ardoris. If you go there earlier the wildlife and the mine are hard or archers or swordfighters. Mining Survey until you usually get there should be around 10 from the quests in Solace Bridge Outskirts alone.

5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

There's no need at all to go into the mine for ore gathering. There's plenty of ore nodes in the zone proper, at least, if players can find them because they're so small.
    When you complete the Solace Bridge Outskirts quests, your mining skill will be around 10. You can't start to learn Survey until your mining skill is 40.
    There are no archers or mages in the zone proper. There are a few wolves and bears that are higher level than the other wildlife, but those add to the fun of the zone :)

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just checked the ore nodes in Whiteguard Foothills and saw they are the default "small" scale but should be a little larger for this scene. I'll make a pass and fix this. Issue #72074

FrostII and Barugon like this.