Journey Begins

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Dorfdad, May 3, 2024.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Avatar

Tried a bunch of other MMO's just dont like the feel. Miss the Old Ultima Games, and a big fan of Lord British and Chuckles :) Going into this totally blind and hope to enjoy it.

I know its not as populated and but if someone can give me a few Beginners tips Id appreciate it.

Cordelayne, maldoke, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The player guide is the first place I recommend you check out. A lot of really great information there.

[edit] An in-game copy of the player guide is also put into your inventory when you complete the Solace Bridge intro.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    Cordelayne and maldoke like this.
  3. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

Be very welcome!

If it's like me, I've tested 3423432413 mmo's and none of them are any good, they're practically all the same things.

- Here at SOTA we have a very good community, "everyone" tries to help new players.
    - The game has many flaws, it seems a little incomplete (Pvp, market, hunts among other things that you will notice when you play for a while)
    - The Dev team is small, but always very helpful and I believe they do the best they can.
    - You will have good hours of play, exploring caves, maps, etc., there is a lot of interaction with objects on the maps.
    - Many times after becoming addicted to the game you will find yourself standing on the map thinking about what you have to do, and often you will leave, because you don't have a defined "north".
    - If you like exploring maps, looking through books, picking up all kinds of "trash" you find on maps (I love it :p), decorating your house, making a set that is "different" from the others, creating skill decks, etc., you will love this game.
    - Now if you like pvp, like grinding levels, like official events, you won't like the game.

At the normal URL of the SOTA website, and if you go to About>Player Guide you will get a google doc with a lot of information about the gameplay and interface.

If you don't find it, the url is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z-svq1OvcZwViqGxFCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub

There is also this link here to the forum, where Elgarion gathered all the help topics that the community created: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/community-resources.161448/

Oh and sorry for my English, I'm using GT

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cordelayne and vulcanjedi like this.