Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Siege Catapult shooting backwards

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by ErikRulez, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

6/4/2018 7:54 AM
    Title: Siege Catapult shooting backwards
    Reproduction Rate:? happened once so far that I know of
    Blocker?no
    Details:while fighting engineers in a siege camp, one shot the catapult "backwards" at me. I was directly behind the catapult
    Steps to Reproduce:Go to forest siege, fight engineers... let one operate the catapult?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16356
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1979
    SotA.Win.64.788.Date.06.01.18
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (37.0, 37.3, -106.1)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxOb3ZpYV9SN19DaXR5X0FlcmllfCgzNi45OTYsIDM3LjI1MiwgLTEwNi4xMzUpfCgwLCAwLjAzNywgMCwgMC45OTkpfC0xMDgwLjA3MnwyNS45NTM1NXw1LjgwOTk5OQ==

[6/4/2018 7:47:41 AM] Catapult attacks Graham Wyrmsbane and hits, dealing 328 points of critical damage.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I can't seem to get this one to happen to me, no matter how long I let them live and allow them to ready up a catapult.
    Were you perhaps lagging at the time?
    @econner

3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I don't remember any lagging. I do not approach the engineer positions from the front so there "shouldn't" ever be a time that I am in the catapult's field of fire so it wouldn't be that I took a shot before I got up there and then died. This also happened after a couple minutes of fighting at that location. This one has only happened once and I had to go back in the log to see what killed me since it was so unexpected. I was directly behind the catapult and engaged with a siege engineer when I died for no apparent reason. The other engineer had run up to the catapult and apparently shot me with it. I didn't see him do it because I was facing directly away from the catapult toward the tents, but I knew his general location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.