Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggested Video Settings changes.

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

So I've brought this up a few times but thought I'd make a post about it. The current way the Video Settings works is a bit inefficient. Basically, you select your quality type and then you can select some things like shadows and reflections. If you change literally anything it changes the template you selected from whatever it was to saying custom. Now the issue I see with this is there are other hidden settings that the top setting changes so when you change anything else you no longer know what your base setting is! That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What would be really awesome is if there were Video Settings templates similar to the levels we have now but instead of having things like texture level and LOD being hidden those are displayed. So there are templates that you can select from and if you change something it'll change to custom like it does now but all the other settings you wouldn't see otherwise are displayed and customizable. This is similar to how basically every other major game does it. This would make things a lot easier and give us more options to optimize the settings for our individual computer hardware.

Aeryk, By Tor, Feeyo and 2 others like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes!

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

+1. I noticed that the only thing that changing video settings does is change the shadow level. All my other settings remain the same which is odd. Does anyone know if it's changing anything else that's not displayed?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it definitely is, though i couldn't give you a list. for instance, i don't see rain falling on fastest.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes the video settings change some rendering in the background. it is not only connected to shadow.
    As you can notice that the ground rendering looks very low quality in lower settings.

By Tor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.