Components and Refining. QOL Improvments for crafters.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaffien, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Hello Folks.,

Why am I still making bindings 20 at a time?
    Why am I still making pulp 20 at a time?

Making pulp is a mechanical separation process of refinery.
    This is by definition a refined product. Please allow them to be batchable.

Please allow other components to be batchable as well.

While we're at it lets allow a person to key in the amount of items to be made
    with the keypad and when they are done, hit enter to begin crafting. Having to go back to
    the mouse over and over while crafting 100's of something is very very annoying.

Thank you.

Lyndoman, Elrond, K1000 and 10 others like this.
  2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Totally agree with all your points Kaffien..
    Quality of life improvements ;)

amarious and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

@Kaffien !!! Totally agree with you on this. I was complaining about this very thing on stream the other day because I was make a batch of scrolls and was stuck making wood pulp from scrap wood, 1 at a time, in batches of 20's. Totally does not make sense.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The only thing more boring than clicking and watching a progress bar while crafting, is clicking and watching a progress bar while harvesting.
    These are time sinks that only a few (who don't craft or harvest much) enjoy.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree agree agree.
    Also think that the passive speed increase needs be increased signifcantly - atm it saves a few seconds on a 2.5 minute batch.

moko, Nikko and Witcheypoo like this.
  6. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

While we're at it, can we please get the 10 item limit on brewing casks symbols bumped to 100 or more?
    Can you imagine buying reagents at 10 per go?

I have to make 200 casks. Now, that means i have to start 20 conversations with the NPC vendor and drag and OK 20 interactions.

As we wage, carpel tunnel is a real thing. I'm only half joking here.
    Please consider and implement these changes asap as these are very much quality of life improvements (physical real life health and for the game).

Thank you.

Elrond, Woodchuck and Witcheypoo like this.
  7. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Now lets make it so i can only pick up 16 'containers' at a time. **RAMPAAAAAGE!**

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ha! I would love to hear from any one who enjoys watching the yellow bars grind!!! I have to do it on a second account and that whole client is covered up by Netflix with the exception of the bottom of the screen where I can watch to see if the yellow grind is done. Hell, Im even annoyed that I have to interrupt Netflix for a few seconds to switch to the client window to fire off another batch.

:)

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yep, "Putting the yellow bar as far toward the bottom right corner of my second screen as possible and covering it up with work or another game since 2016" right here. There's really no reason for processing to take as long as it does.

Final products? Fine. Refining? No. That passive needs to be 100% or even 200%. I'd spend 2 hrs refining instead of 6. I think that still satisfies the 'time sink' requirement.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I want it to be a multitasking challenge minigame that requires your full attention and excersises your minds ability to focus. Brain games are more fun and also healthy

Tempering a sword, work the bellows, keep heat meter at certain level, hot the blade a certain number of times while focusing on temperature, and make that increase your exceptional chance to like a max of 50%

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Nelzie and Rentier like this.
  11. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Fact is, we wont get Everything.

They will not allow mass AFK crafting, period. So the only way that they would allow crafting more than 20 is to have a limit on how much you can have in your inventory.

Right now, we can hold endless materials but only Craft 20 at a time , the alternative is to have a " Craft all " button, but heavily limiting how much you can carry at the same time.

the end result would be the same, so why change it.

Personally i just click 20 while doing other things.

EDIT: Oh, or have catastrophic events during crafting that would force people to be attending ( Crafting Deadly poison have a chance to fail and you get poisoned, etc )

Vaentorian likes this.
  12. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Hahah... I'd hate to see what happens when we're not paying attention when milling!

Vaentorian, Solazur and Arradin like this.
  13. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Selling human left hand, 12k

Solazur, Nikko and Nelzie like this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Simply put, there is no reason why I have had to sit around grinding wood scraps into pulp (I had over 30K and in 3 months am only down to 10K) for hundreds of hours. triple the batch, triple the speed.

I would ask everyone to just stop right now and think about that. Because this applies to all refining. Who has fun doing this to the tune of hundreds of hours??? What is really effected if it was gone... maybe I would actually not need an alt is all. All this time sync is pretty worthless considering the main thing I am strapped for and limits all of this is actually having the resources... or finding the gold to for it. Sure, when this switched I would burst out a bunch of stuff real fast for a few days... but then I would be out trying to earn gold to continue... I would have to grind resources to continue. That is where the restriction should be. There is simply vastly to many time syncs in all directions for crafting for anyone who does not have 18 hours a day to craft or go grind for resources.

Consider it reasonable that in 2 hours of farming Ulfeim (which is arguably hard core grinding, but at least it uses my brain) that I come home with 50 heads, 200 leather and 50 carcases. Why not let me refine that real fast for 2 minutes before logging out? I still gotta come up with the gold to pay for all the mats around that stuff to make it.

...Is this just quite possibly a reason why people dont play this game???

Nelzie and Nikko like this.
  15. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I hope they never change the harvesting progress bar as there's always risk of a MOB attacking you while harvesting. Instant harvesting takes away the risks of harvesting.

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I agree. And besides, there are ways to speed them up a bit, like the potions and the true bronze tools, and such. This is not so much where the problem lies.

*edit - a type-o

Nelzie likes this.
  17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

What you are doing with the 20k wood pulps?

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Grinding them slowly into recall and teleport scrolls when I can afford the reagents to go with them.

But thats a GREAT point, Im sitting on 10K wood pulp too. The restriction I have is affording the stuff to make scrolls. So why make us grind the yellow bars?

Nelzie likes this.
  19. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I completely agree that they need to halve or quarter or just completely get rid of the progress bars on JUST the refining and crafting elements of the game. It is SO cruelly tedious and adds nothing to the game. It's supremely obnoxious to craft items with all of the time that must be spent refining items.

I understand that some of that is to reward those who put the effort into crafting and to "limit" the number of crafters in game, but... why not reward those who have and will continue to put effort into crafting by having those bars nearly eliminated IF one spends ALL of the XP to get up there in crafting skill.

Like, you get up to 80 in refining and the refining bars are at least halved. If you get to 90, then they are dropped to 1/3 the time, up to 100 then it is dropped to 1/4 or less the standard progress time, 120 the progress bar disappears altogether. Same with crafting final products and Master Working and Enchanting.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Agreed, and the only thing its really done is "limit the number of people playing this game... period".

Tila Tenderfoot and Nelzie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.