Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A Character with Co-Owner rights to a lot does NOT have permission to "Change Dungeon" option

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by John Striker, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

12/15/2018 12:41
    Title: A Character with Co-Owner rights to a lot does NOT have permission to "Change Dungeon" option for player made dungeons.

Reproduction Rate:100

Blocker?no

Co-Owners don't have access permission to create or change a Player Made Dungeon on a lot. Obviously a Co-owner should be able to work on dungeon construction. Having to transfer crafted parts from a crafter character to the lot owner character in order to build a dungeon is not going to work. This looks like a permissions Bug. :eek: Please give Co-owners the permission to create or change a dungeon on the lot.:)

Suggestion:
    It some cases a Lot Owner may not want Co-owners to make changes to the Dungeon so there should be an option for the Owner of the lot to take away the dungeon permission option from co-owners. This limit might be needed where a parent does not want children, who are co-owner, from messing up hours of work on a dungeon. Just add a Dungeon Edit permission like the Tenant or Kindred options so it could be given to any character who has access to the lot. Some people may want to hire someone to build their dungeon for them but the owner may not want to give such a person co-owner permission just to work on the dungeon.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Be a Co-Owner on a lot. Place a dungeon entrance. Click on the entrance and there is No "Change Dungeon" button or a settings gear even after the Co-Owner character place the entrance on the lot. The owner character can see the "Change Dungeon" option.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 24524
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4018
    SotA.Win.64.884.Date.12.14.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Justice Hold
    Area Display Name: Justice Hold
    Loc: (-14.2, 89.0, -52.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEp1c3RpY2UgSG9sZHwoLTE0LjE5OCwgODkuMDA0LCAtNTIuNjcxKXwoMCwgLTAuNjkzLCAwLCAwLjcyMSl8MjcyLjU1NDh8MTYuNDMxOTl8Mi4xNDYzMTg=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is correct. co-owners cannot set dungeon foyers, same as they cannot set basements from hatches or houses from lotstones. however, once the foyer is set, they can place further pieces.

Jaesun and Lazarus Long like this.
  3. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

Hi Alley, thanks for the response.:) I had the Owner character set the Foyer and thus create a dungeon. I then had the lot owner place one blue marble hallway I purchased but when my co-owner character (me) went to click on the crossed tools to add another blue hallway piece the dialog does not popup at all. :( The mouse does highlight with the message that the hallway has co-owner permissions. I then used the lot owner character to access the same crossed tool and the dialog did work so it does look like there is a bug that only the owner can add dungeon pieces.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, good clarification. ...and i am wrong. i checked once you made clear you were talking about the extra pieces: i thought co-owners could place pieces previously and that you'd encountered a permissions problem new to this release, but i've been told they could not before, either. they can deco, but not place new parts.

we'll have to wait for a dev to see if they're expected to be able now to and it's currently bugged, or if that feature has not been created yet.

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I have more than one avatar account, and I am finding that Co-Owners cannot place further pieces. Co-Owners can place deco, however.

6. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

I ran some memory usage tests again today (12-20-18 patch 888) and the commited memory still continues to grow under Windows 10 after entering many zones. The game was using about 10.5 GB of committed memory at startup but after about vistisiting 10 zones it had climed to 16GB. Central Brit raised the committed memory by 1GB just by zoning into the city which was the most of any zone. The working memory used by Windows 10 only grew from 6GB to 7GB so the working memory does not seem to be a problem. If committed memory grows over the size of the physical memory and the swap (virtual memory) of a system then it will crash the client/computer. Since I have 24GB of physical memory, I have no need for a swap file which will force Windows to keep all memory on much faster physical memory but when my physical memory is gone the whole system will crash in the Windows Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). It would seem that the zone information is being cached in memory even after the data is not longer needed. This information is consistent over several different systems I have tested the memory usage on. The other systems were 8GB physical Ram systems with a Windows 10 managed swap file.

The short term work around is to restart the client completely to clear the committed memory before a crash which might be every 2 to 3 hours depending on the memory of the system.

I hope this information will help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.