Fauns keep messing with me even though I don't harm them.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Very frustrating problem I've had in two mines area. Even after I kill they Satrys, the fauns still confuse/mez me etc. The only work around I've found is to log after every fight and relog back in.... Not fun. Any tips, or maybe I'm doing something I don't know that makes the fauns still use control effects on me? Thanks. I was killing them , but oracle didn't seem to like it. Oops.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Just kill them. The virtue hit from it is pretty minor and easily balanced out by killing other things. You'll find as you progress that keeping your courage virtue at anything other than 'max positive' is pretty difficult to do unless you never fight anything. I can appreciate if you have RP reasons for not wanting to do so, but then your options are logout/run away as you've been doing and dealing with the annoyance of fauns. I'm just saying that killing them isn't going to do irreparable damage to your virtue standing - not even close. Just like accidentally getting a watcher or those children street urchins in your AoE ...sometimes it happens ^^

FrostII likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Whilst killing them or reloading the scene works those seem like a bad work around, it sounds like their AI needs to be looked at, I suggest reporting it as a bug.

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Fauns are thralls engineered from the very core of their being to serve the will of their masters. Casting off their chains does nothing to liberate them. Even the most exceptional of them, Perri the Unchained, has all the backbone of a discarded banana peel.

Kill them, for death alone is their respite.

And if you don't, they'll confuse and mesmerize you which get's very old, very fast.

When you're higher level and are able to move through their dungeons more quickly without fear of them catching up with you, you can stun or knock them down and just keep on trucking.

Cordelayne, kaeshiva and Mishikal like this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Their helper radius goes through walls, so sometimes it seems like there's no satyrs around when there actually are. Also, not all fauns in all places have the same behavior. Some of them are just like normal mobs.

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Thanks. Yes, killing them it is then. I didn't know how much of a virtue hit I would take. Still don't feel I understand this virtue thing yet to be honest. Yep, killed a watcher without knowing it already. Guess it got in the way of whatever I was fighting.

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I couldn't even begin to speculate how many children I've accidentally (or otherwise) killed and my virtue is top notch. Uh huh, pure white as the driven snow.

kaeshiva likes this.
  8. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I'm in blackpass btw. Logging isn't even working. Faun killing spree it is.

Jason_M likes this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Every time I see your name on the forum - every time - I hear the song "Sabbath Bloody Stabbath," and now it has become true. Give in to your feelings, young one, and fulfill your destiny!

kaeshiva likes this.
  10. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I finished up the truth quest, or whichever one that takes u to artifice. "I was careless" according to the oracle and a trap went off and killed a bunch of kids. Whoops. I looked around the darn room, couldn't find anything, so went for the door to SAVE them. Oh well.

ErikRulez likes this.
  11. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Yep. Name is from Black Sabbath. Came up with it as a lastname back in EQ days, been using it since. I played a rogue, and they're known for back stabbing. I thought Back Stabbath for a name, but Back as a first name didn't quite cut it, so just used lastname.

12. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

How can you tell what your virtue is? U have to wait until you get shroud? How do you get shroud? Do all of the virtue questlines? Courage, truth, love? Thanks.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you get the Shroud, you can tell your Virtue by the stats on your Shroud.

14. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

As you do things in game, the stats change on shroud? If so, that's good. Been thinking about resetting my quests someday if I'm not happy with results. Rather not have to redo all of it, but the experience is good. I haven't done any UT groups yet though.

15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Now you have done it. Turned to the dark side. There is no cookies as I ate them all already...

16. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Riding coat tails should be the greatest virtue hit in game, but what do I know?

17. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

You can also look at the bonuses on the items of power you picked up. They increase (max +10) based on your virtue rating.

18. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I was so busy looking at the stuff in the room that trap is off of that I thought the pressure plate was just a rug and went over to help the children out and oops...

19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I've always had a problem with the fauns being a virtue hit. To me they are enemy combatants and you should be able to eliminate them with no virtue penalty. If they were in a group that only used non-lethal means to PROTECT themselves then I would accept a virtue hit, but they are working in conjunction with enemies using lethal force which makes them viable targets in my mind. In battle, just because your enemy is a coward doesn't mean he should be given a pass. What is more evil, an enemy that tries to kill you openly and directly or one that inhibits/removes your ability to defend yourself while their team mate kills you? Some exceptions would be if they surrendered after taking damage equal to half their life or better yet, turned on the Satyrs when it looked bad for them the Satyrs. This doesn't happen, they just whine when the Satyrs are gone and as soon as one shows up they will attack again. In the end, they are putting their lives over the lives of others, what color would their shroud look like?

20. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Ha!

O, and friends don't let friends do UT.

Remember all those pop stars back in the 80s and 90s who all did anti-drug ads but were all getting wasted all the time? It's like that.

There's dark side and then there's dark slide! Get it? Amirite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.