Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Forest Seige Stuck spot

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Diego Mas, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

02/23/2019 15:39
    Title: Forest Seige Stuck spot
    Reproduction Rate: 4/4
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    Stuck Spot
    Can Blink out if a spot/direction/camera angle is found that is not vibrating.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.807.Date.02.22.19
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Blackrock Cove
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-80.9, 38.7, -21.3)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfZm9yZXN0X21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFiX3RlbXBsYXRlL0JsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCgtODAuODksIDM4LjczOCwgLTIxLjMzNyl8KDAsIDAuMTAzLCAwLCAwLjk5NSl8MTEuODM1Nzl8MzUuNzAzMDd8MTEuMzI5OTk=

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Did you use /stuck? If not, please give that a try. Doing so automatically submits a bug report.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

lexie encouraged us to submit bug reports for stuck spots even though it was logged because the log was not always paid attention to (possibly because of lazy people using it when not actually stuck?) has that changed?

Echondas and Jaesun like this.
  4. Lord Subtleton

Starting with this release, the dev team will be giving a higher priority to fixing stuck spots. So we will be using the automated system for bug reporting on this. When someone uses /stuck, a report is sent to a designer. Btw, there is also automated reporting on resource nodes that are inaccessible. Whenever you see a "you can't pathfind to that node" fail message in the game, an alert is sent to a designer.

If we find that too many uses of /stuck are from lazy people, we may have to make an adjustment...

Echondas, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Good Day @Lord Subtleton,
    I did not need to use /stuck because blink was an option to get out and waitng for a scene reload is not appealing. I do not normally have blink on my bar because its not very useful normally. The problem with /stuck is when being attacked, /stuck cannot be used, which in a tough fight will likely result in death. I did not try that, not sure if a ghost would still be stuck. While death is not as significant of penalty currently, @Chris does occasionally discuss ideas about creating a new death penalty.

6. Lord Subtleton

Ok. Good feedback. Perhaps if there was a dialog box that opened right there so a bug can be entered without leaving the game. I understand that a player may not want to stop and write a bug while in combat...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.