Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Xavara Ashes Can Be Turned In Daily for Reward

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Traveller13, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

03/02/2019 17:48
    Title: Xavara Ashes Can Be Turned In Daily for Reward
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: The ashes of Xavara the Fire Pillar can be turned in daily to the Master Fire Mage in Desolis for 250GP and 22000XP (plus 16000XP for Xavara). Is this by design? I found it first by accident, but can reproduce.
    Steps to Reproduce: Kill Xavara in Nightshade Pass, get ashes, turn in ashes to Master Fire Mage in Desolis. Repeat the next day.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.922.Date.03.01.19
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-330.8, 118.0, -151.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTMzMC43NzQsIDExNy45NjMsIC0xNTEuNTc0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTQ3LCAwLCAtMC4zMjIpfDE0Mi43NTU0fDI3Ljc0MjMyfDQuNTI2NTEz

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not confirmed: i just went and killed her having completed the quest already and she did not drop ashes. it may be you have a borked quest state.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I checked the data and this task isn't set up to be repeatable. How many times were you able to do it? Did you do it on two successive days, or where there several days in between? Was there any point where you reset your quest state in this time frame (because if you reset your quest state you can do this quest again)?

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I've not reset my quest states, ever. I'm waiting for the new quest system to be in play ( and the old quests to be re-built, if that is the case). I'm not a fire mage, so have not taken the master fire mage up on training me in the high-end spell, if that makes a difference.

The first, by accident, time was several days-- maybe a week-- after I turned in the ashes for the quest. I was passing through Nightshade Pass and thought, "why not get some XP's". I was surprised to get the ashes again. I stopped in Desolis and dropped them off for the XP's there-- again a surprise. I went back to Nightshade Pass and got some more ashes. I think the mage took them then, for twice in one day. She did not take them the third time in one day. I returned the next day to turn them in, and she took them. I may have done one more the next day to make sure-- and less than 24 hours than the previous time (but passing 12:00AM). I then made the post here. I haven't done it since the first post. This was done over the last week or so of R62 and the first part of this release.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I've added this report as issue #64193. Thanks!

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.