Utility Hotbar

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Annie6246, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems with using certain abilities on this hotbar. I can use my potions, my I cannot get my Taming Pet or Summon Pet to work on the utility bar. On top of that, I can't get them to work on the combat bar either. Both skills are well above 20, so I am really at a loss. I just tamed a bear, but now I can't summon him. Any help would be most appreciated.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe that you need to wear the summoning whistle (or whatever it's called now) and also drag it to your hotbar to get the summoning icon.

Beaumaris and Time Lord like this.
  3. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

Really!!! Thnx, I'll give it a try. Wasn't having to do that a few days ago when I had my wolf, but I'll try it.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It might just be that you drag the summoning skill to your hotbar, I don't recall, but I do know that you have to wear the whistle. Also, if your pet died and you didn't resurrect it then you will not be able to summon it.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

Thanks for trying to help. I'm not really sure what is going on. I can tame an animal and I can summon it once. It shows up and then it suddenly disappears. I have had this happen twice. Now I have 2 taming necklaces in my inventory glowing red like they do when your animal dies. Don't see how the animals could have died, because there wasn't anything around to kill them. I have put in a bug report. Waiting to see what will come of it. I did try resurrecting the last bear when it disappeared, but nothing happened and I still couldn't summon it again.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Do they need to be repaired?

7. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

No, necklaces are at full durability.

8. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

If in highvale outskirts there are a lot elven archers with significant range - I dont consider it impossible to have killed your pet.

I havent personally bothered with taming since I prefer to use a summoned elemental(which when was weak sometimes would get killed too fast too but now is strong) but check if any of these I found searching on net can help:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/beginners-guide-to-taming.84585/

9. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

Thank you for the link and video, but what every one is missing is that I have been taming pets before this started happening. I had a pet wolf named Bailey that I ran with for about 4 days, but he got killed and I got killed and I wasn't able to rez him in time. So I had to go get some silver for more taming collars and was waiting for my taming necklace to become usable again, so after a day, I went to tame me another pet. It's been downhill ever since. The chickens and dog were within the city limits of Resolute. There was nothing around to kill them. As I said before. I would tame them, then I would summon and they would show up and then disappear instantly. never to be summoned again. I even tried resurrection, but that didn't work either. My taming was at 34 and summoning around 23. I never trained an animal in Highvale. I tamed a small bear in Blood River, it poofed out and I tamed a large brown bear in Whiteguard something where the low level silver mine is located close to Slotown. I do appreciate every body trying to help. I's a shame this game doesn't have a QA department and even if it did, I don't think they care very much for people who play Offline. I'm not even going to do much on my offline account, although, that's where I prefer to play. I'm running my online toon atm and when I get enough silver together I'm going to see how the Tame skills work for her. Sorry for being so wordy, but I get that way when I get upset. Don't understand studios that want to make games, want all your money, bot don't want to maintain the game and keep it playable. This is not a game I would funnel my hard earned money into, especially after playing for awhile.

10. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

Oh you play Offline - not many of us play in offline mode and its possible to be a problem none had. Try something on offline mode though which i suspect - replace your existing whistle/necklace with a new one - I wonder if bugged. The game is free to play and its an indie title, it has its rough parts too but overall is a good and fun game with a mostly nice community. Also a free to play game so didnt exactly ask you spend something.

What is your online characters in-game name? I can try send some silver

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

I understand. But playing offline gives it the feel of playing an RPG. I like RPG. I'm a big fan of Dragon Age and Dragon Dogma. I have tried different necklaces. I have 2 with 50/50 durability and another with 100/100 durability. It happens on all of them. Good try though. Like I said I have moved to my online char, so I'll see if it changes when I'm able to tame online. Thnx again...Happy Memorial Day.

My online character is Kailin McGuire. I would appreciate the silver. Will be happy to return it as soon as I'm high enough to mine some myself. Thank you again.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  12. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

I dont disagree, afterall we all got personal prefs and I like Dragon Age Origins too but just trying to explain this doesnt have the polish of a commercial single player game but is still good and actively worked on - I would lean more saying its a sandbox mmo with an offline option though. Its normal for them to have priority in testing out online since most play online and their team is small. You can also play online and set your instances to private in options just in case you happen to not know. Either way, try to replace the taming whistle/necklace cause I heavily suspect it bugged - and I mean with a totally new one, because they may had been "screwed" during a patch, just to get that possibility out of the way.

I have sent you around 150 silver ore to help you get started. To get them you can go to any mailbox. No need to return, we all got helped on one way or another by other players - I had some help too at some points

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  13. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

Thank you. That's very nice of you. I just don't see how all 3 necklaces could be bad, but I'll make a new one just to be sure. I do have it set on private, atm, while I dong all the outskirts areas. I'm not stupid enough to think I have run the whole game alone. I don't have that kind of death wish. When I'm near a bank I'll pick up the mail and then I'll see how the taming goes over here in the online game. You've been a great help on so many different levels. The people here are nice and helpful, that is the one thing I do like about the game.

14. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

This isnt a wide open world PVP game - if you fear of that. Only Shardfall scenes I believe are open world PVP and some players specifically designed their Player Owned Towns(POTs) for PVP but you always see a warning if so on the scene name/description. i understand most mmo sandboxes are open world pvp so many people are cautious in advance. Generally the people here are good and you may want to join the discord too if you havent - hospitallers section is to ask help and questions about the game

15. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

No, not afraid of getting into PvP. I know how it works on this game. I just enjoy playing RPG's. That's all.

16. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

The above part of your post made me think you feared someone would kill you - generally its not unusual because there had been many gankboxes on the net but SotA was never one of them.

Other than that, I hope you like the game and feel free to ask any more questions

17. Annie6246

Annie6246 Avatar

No, no. I just knew the outskirts weren't that hard to complete, so I was just soloing to cut down on the crowd. Just a follow up for you. I made me some taming collars and a couple of taming necklaces out of the silver you sent me, again Thank You. I tamed a dog and summoned him. So far so good. I have dismissed him, atm, will see if I can summon him again, once the spell allows it.

Jaesun and rebbieforever like this.
  18. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

I see and that is good to hear

19. vondes

vondes Avatar

I believe that you need to wear the summoning whistle (or whatever it's called now) and also drag it to your hotbar to get the summoning icon.

20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Annie6246
    I have not done much taming but the one problem I has was I use 2 builds then, 1 for taming and 1 for combat.When I would tame something and then hit x to go back to combat build i could not tame. I had set my taming build equipment to have a blank necklace and when I tamed it became the necklace for that animal. When I switched back it put my combat necklace in the slot. Probably not same problem and I was new to taming but just wanted to throw that out there.

ope you get it figured out soon and happy hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.