(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

How exactly does you getting outdpsed by archers have to do with what he said? Its pretty obviously CLEAR that fire mages are the AoE dps kings, when done RIGHT. Whats the problem with that anyways?

Fenrus MacRath and Vaiden Luro like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Let me explain, you see words with meanings to them when strung together gives rise to statements with meanings. So when he says" And even as 2 of us, we can't do what that one fire mage could do." it has a meaning. And when I say " I was outdpsed at ut by 2 archers in my party" this has meaning too, contradictory to the meaning of what the other person said. And when I say outdpsed by 2 archers, I dont mean their total dps put together, I mean taikee was the highest dps, allister was second highest, and I was third highest.

So what does this have to do with what he said? The meaning behind his statement is trying to show that archers in that situation pale in comparison to fire mage, mine is showing that they dont. His problem might not be that archers pale in comparison but his build and tactics might be whats in question here. Like for example : (I guess I'm crazy, since I wear light armor as an archer and don't use any of the stances from the tactics tree)" These words when put together give meaning to the statement and tell me hes not even using bezerker stance.

If you would like more lessons on how language works, please use google.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

But you were not in a party consisting of 2 archers only. Having other people engaged in the fight allows different tactics to be used by everyone, including the archers. It wasn't about you being out DPS'd by 2 archers when in a larger group. Way to miss the point. ;)

Norah East and Vaiden Luro like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I advise everyone saying archery sucks to watch my guildie's stream :D

Not only is he a beast, he has converted at LEAST a half dozen other archers. It will explain what a lot of people in here are talking about...@sara dreygon in particular has pointed out.

https://www.twitch.tv/schleiph/videos?filter=all&sort=time

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I'm definitely not saying archery sucks, but I'd be careful about saying they're insanely overpowered (at least in PvE). In most games, they're a support class in that environment, and it seems told hold pretty well here too. I can tell you that a solo archer who went and engaged all the mobs at once in UT is likely going to end up dead, pretty quick. Even as 2 archers, it's a dicey proposition. My wife and I had to come up with a careful strategy on how to take on UT as a 2 archer pair, which involves careful targeting of specific NPCs, very careful kiting (so as not to trigger additional NPCs), and knowing your "safe" zones for each particular wave. On the plus side, we haven't died in > 6 months with this strategy, while we see tons of skeletons from these people who take on UT as a group, so I'm pretty satisfied with our solution.

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Umm he does that quite a lot.... He solos just about everything in the game EASILY. It's all about his build.

Mac2 and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

With the right build, an archer can solo everything that is out there currently in this game, and the message from top tier players is always the same : Air Shield or Death shield (from time to time), The right defensive buffs, tactics spec, berserkers stance and charged attacks. Sure a zone like UT needs more AoE, so you play around for that, but other zones with better exp or better rewards are easy mode for archers, while fire mages will hit some walls where their damage is close to 0, so sure, fire mages are very good in UT, but Archers are very good everywhere.

Chrystoph Reis and Mac2 like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are always people who learn how to game any system, as has been pointed out several times in this thread. I worry that for those of us that are casual players and don't have the time nor the inclination to try and figure out how to manipulate everything to the maximal possibilities are going to get screwed over by these relentless attacks on archery. I've already stated I think there need to be penalties against archery for usage of some items out of the tactics tree (I do not use any of the stances, etc). I've already pretty much abandoned this game even after significant time investment, and I watch as people push to ensure that that becomes finalized.

Norah East likes this.
  9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You arent even saying what or how you are doing things... i could stand in the middle of the room and aoe taunt to give everyone back attacks and im sure chaos/offhand will outdps anyone in the room, let alone a fire mage and his aoes. Depending on what you are fighting too, liches have no damage resistance.... archers/melee are advantaged against them. The things going on are very important to state. They are 2 archers only in their situation, at any 1 time, they can almost never both get back attacks at the same time, limiting their dps. A fire mage can ALWAYS get his AoE to hit constant and lasting. Its all different. What exactly were you doing matters.

Fenrus MacRath and Mishikal like this.
  10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Guess what..... in all MMOs, the DPS characters are ALWAYS overplayed..... its NORMAL

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

you can solo everything in this game as a tamer, are tamer builds OP because of that? come on...

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

"Charged shot archery" OP. Archery is not OP. Nerf charged shot archery. #commonsense

Mac2 likes this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

nerf rend #commonsense
    nerf healing blast
    nerf ring of fire
    nerf coup de grace....

14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Charge shot 2handed polearm on multiple targets (more than 4) does more. So polearm charge shot is OP? where is the common sense....

15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

My pet just soloed Avara, nerf taming for common sense?

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You dont even use stances, so how would you even know what is possible? How can you say its ok when you dont even employ the tactics that make it OP? And like sara and I said a few times now and you cant seem to listen to and get it in your head, not asking for nerf to archery all together, saying charged shot is definitely overpowered and should be fixed. Do you even use charged shot?

So, are fire mages the king of aoe dps, or is the chaos tactics spec the king of dps? I am having a tough time trying to follow you here as you keep contradicting yourself. 2 things I know are true, truth is what is and truth cannot contradict truth. You are WAY too full of contradiction to be telling the truth, you take bits and pieces of somehting and neglect the whole picture and that is why you end up in contradiction. OH ya sorry, ill give you their tactics. Kill the stuff before it even reaches my aoes. Its called RANGED for a reason and if you cant understand the advantage of RANGE in this game, let me use your example of a chaos tactic spec. If the ranged people kill the stuff before you can even hit it once with your chaos tactics polearm, guess who is going to win the dps fight? I will give you the answer cuz I'm not even sure you could comprehend this. You will have a dps of 0 and they will have all the rest. This is how it works, you have to hit things to get dps.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OH did he do it in 25 seconds like a charged shot archer not even using skills so that avara's aura does not kill him with the focus damage transfer while kiting avara not even get hit by avaras attacks so no need to have heals or defensive skills running as you can do it from range and for a fraction of the exp cost as the only skills in the tree needed to do so are the base skill, eagle eye and draw str?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Its pretty clear you guys dont want to listen or even care, this is nothing but gibberish, I told you why archery charged shot is not OP plenty of times and you just refuse to look at anything and conclude for absolutely no reason other than they are exactly what they are meant to be (RANGED SINGLE TARGET DPS), and then complain from a pvp perspective when you dont even pvp and then from nonsensical pve comparissons of apples vs mangos.

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
  19. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

no, he straight up just tanked that ***** face to face and pwned her

u jealous of a range single target dps doing exactly what it could be fined tuned to do properly? that makes no sense.... Why arent you jealous of healers being pro at healing ?

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am not complaining about it from a pvp perspective that is just your inability to read and put things I did not say in your head and get stuck in thought and not listen. You do a good job of ignoring everything said yourself there sir. Ignore its got range and the advantage that has, ignore its 0 focus cost and ignore you dont even need to level skills only 3 passives, ignore that it out dpses the skills of the tree making them obsolete like the one guy shown in those videos and how that person is converting people to the charged shot way as they DO listen and see and realize they wasted time and exp putting exp into the skills, ignore the speed factor and try and piece arguments like charged shot can solo everything, then say your pet can solo everything but leave out the part of it takes your pet like 5 minutes to kill the rad dragon and it takes a charged shot archer 45 seconds and done with less exp. Sorry buddy, its not us not listening, its you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.