Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can We Please Retire This Release Early?

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Bedawyn, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

... And just move on to Release 69 as quickly as possible?

I've spent several hours today trying to get done what should have been just a couple hours of game housekeeping. In addition to the scene loading times (which I expect to be long for my weak computer when I'm entering a crowded city but which are several times longer this release than they've been in the past few months), I've had three crashes-to-desktop (which I normally never experience) and several disconnects-from-server, all in one day. And I just ran through an Ardoris that showed no player houses at all, just empty lots with marker signs that said the lots were unclaimed.

And I know it's not just me having issues this release.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

And just updating to a new release will fix all this? I understand your frustration, but for a new release to be pushed there needs to be at least work done to the new update.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I know, but that "request" wasn't intended literally, just urging them to fix the problems as quickly as possible. I've heard lots of people mention them, but hadn't seen anything specifically show up under Release Feedback, where I believe the devs are paying attention, even if they don't respond directly.

I think 65 was the one other where my performance dramatically dropped during the release, when it was fine with the release before and after it, and this release is just as bad or worse than that one. So for me, the next release can't come soon enough. Plus, in the past, most of my performance issues have been Unity crashes, which are NOT the problem this month, so they can't blame everything on Unity the way they usually do. :) Having too many mannequins everywhere doesn't help either, but mannequins aren't causing the crash-during-zones.

Feeyo likes this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Today's (forced) patch, log in... scene taking even longer than usual, at 5.7 memory and heading higher... finally get in world, try to click the crown shop button -- next thing I know, it's back to 50% loading screen, wait for several more seconds, then another "disconnected from server" message. Lovely.

How do you expect to retain new or old players when people can't even get in-world?

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Glad it wasn't only me. I was checking here to see if others were having the same issue. I am beginning to think this game hates me.

6. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

@Sulaene Moon, honestly, it's not usually THIS bad. I hate to think of any new player starting this month and running into this.

7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Ok that's good to hear. The friend I joined with quit over the performance, but I have a slightly better computer then he does. I just don't want this game to drastically shorten the life span of my computer since it puts a huge strain on my hardware. Like me and alcohol, I knows its slowly killing me, but I can't give it up. hehe

Feeyo and Jaesun like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Given that the crashing problems were introduced by a new release (R67), I'm not sure fast-forwarding to yet another new release will fix it... Atos discussed this yesterday on the livestream, the crashes are almost entirely coming out from Unity, rather than SOTA, and they have sent hundreds of crash reports to Unity.

They are hoping to update from 2018.x to 2019.x in R69, which *might* fix some of the crashing issues... but who knows if they will.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Most of the crashes overall are Unity, yes. But that's not what I'm experiencing this month. At least, the crashes I'm experiencing regularly this month do not set off the Unity crash reporter and don't follow the same behavior pattern as all the other Unity crashes I've had since starting here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.