Crafting new 2handed stats onto old 2handers pre-heavyweight

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by OzzyOsbourne, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

There can be no more fruitful PvP unless the devs remove unique items from the game that are gamebreaking;
    Crafting the new heavyweight masterworks over OLD (pre-heavyweight) 2handers (staves, bows/crossbows. halberds, 2h sword, 2hand maces) that already had legacy masterworks.

Unless this is addressed and fixed, no one will want to pvp. Let alone allow ransoms to come back.

Abstrax Phoenix, Dhanas and Mac2 like this.
  2. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Please do fix this, there are probably many people abusing this in pve and pvp. I myself have a weapon like this (it has 75% death ray dmg), and its crazy how strong it is. I obviously am not using it anymore, but I am sure that many others are using weapons like mine, and it unbalances things so much.

Redhammer and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Surely this an old annoying problem and i agree it need to be fixed ASAP ( it will never happen) but are you sure is this what ruins pvp?
    I am sure this in the link will totaly kill it
    http://www.twitch.tv/fizzle006/v/579309921?sr=a&t=3461s

Crowquills likes this.
  4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Yes and yes.

Crowquills likes this.
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

BTW this is now being used by everyone, they log in an alt and have the alt invite their main who is in PVP flagged...
    @Chris doesnt want to revert how the group flagging worked because he couldnt care less about the ease of gaining exp anymore. Just need to look at the 10x quest idea...

6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I think a viable solution @Chris can implement, can be adding again the old minor % skill masterwork to the masterworks pool.
    So everyone can craft 2h weapons with minor and major % skill masterworks, this can even result in more specialized 2h weapons and finally giving them a meaning.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all.
    To me the whole point of crafting is to continually upgrade our skill and with each new addition to crafting you get better equipment. Time to throw out or ware out the old and make or buy some new. You have just proven to me that the best equipment in the game is still player made or Enchanted and Master worked.

As for @Chris not caring about exp gain... a patch was made so that on you could not bring your alt with you to gain exp while ot was safely out of range. Only the characters with game focus got the exp. Also with the exploit of alt regeneration I thinks the 10 exp is just a honey pot to see if and catch people that are still abusing it. He has a way to turn it off without a patch if he sees it.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The issue pointed out in the main post is that People who had crafted 2handed weapons BEFORE the heavyweight masterworks/enchants and applied a skill eeffect on them, eaxample + Death Ray damage, can, since the addition of Heavyweight masterworks/enchants apply thast same effect, a second time, but this time 2x stronger. This means that any NEW 2handed weapon can give +50% (or so), but any item crafted BEFORE can now reach +75%, but only for those who had those Items on hand, so some lucky people have 25% more power for some skills due to that, which is unobtainable for anyone else.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Violet Ronso
    Thank you for the clarification. So am I to understand that if your current weapon has enough Durability and has a Death Ray Enchant on it it can be enchanted again with a Heavyweight Death Ray thus ignoring the previous enchant? This would not be a skill level things it would be a Bug in the ability to keep you from applying an enchant of a stronger version of the same enchant?

Violet Ronso likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

No one has reported this as a bug on the bug crafting forum. If this is happening, it probably should be reported.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would, I just have never actually done it, can't do it to repro this, I am just going off of what a few very vocal yet non-reporting people have said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.