1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] The oracle thinks today is the first time I have tested with her.

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by spainchaud, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

As the title says. I saved a screen shot but there does not seem to be a way to upload pictures or copy the text in the NPC chat window.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@spainchaud, the /copy command will grab all the text visible in the window; you can then paste it into notepad so you can copy out just the bit you want. you can also use /datafolder to open the folder that has the chatlogs and copy it from there.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I assume they are using a new flag or variable to track the Oracle daily test, and it has to now be set to this first time text. After doing so the next time you take the test it will be the normal test text.

Was just noticing this now. Will know tomorrow if the normal test questions are then asked. I have always taken the test daily, but this will now show up:

[7/31/2020 7:00:26 PM] [7:00 PM] Anpu: test
    [7/31/2020 7:00:27 PM] [7:00 PM] The Oracle: This is your first time taking this test. I will review your actions and assess how they reflect the virtues of Truth, Love, and Courage. I will ask you a "yes of "no" question based on that assessment. I will provide you with a minor reward if your answer agrees with my data. Do not worry if your answer is incorrect, as you can return and retake the test once each day. Learning about yourself is a long, and necessary process. Say "test" to me when you would like to begin.
    [7/31/2020 7:00:27 PM]
    [7/31/2020 7:00:50 PM] [7:00 PM] Anpu: test
    [7/31/2020 7:00:51 PM] [7:00 PM] The Oracle: I have observed your actions while walking along the Path of Truth. Do you feel your actions demonstrate how to live according to the Virtue of Truth? "Yes" or "no" is the only response I require. I will provide you with a minor reward for a correct answer.

And as expected, the next day she is back to normal.....

[[7:00 PM] The Oracle: Welcome, Anpu. Let us discuss how I might serve you.
    [7:00 PM] The Oracle: Yes, hello, Anpu. Do you seek my counsel on the path before you? Perhaps you are here regarding my protection? I can also test you on your knowledge of yourself, if you so wish.

[7:00 PM] Anpu: test
    [7:00 PM] The Oracle: I have observed your actions while walking along the Path of Courage. Do you feel your actions demonstrate how to live according to the Virtue of Courage? "Yes" or "no" is the only response I require. I will provide you with a minor reward if your answer agrees with my data.

[7:00 PM] Anpu: Yes.
    [7:00 PM] The Oracle: My observations confirm you are following the Path of Courage, Anpu. Here is a small reward. Please return tomorrow if you would like to take this test again.

Not seeing any issue (at least for me). The next day when you speak to her, it will be back to normal....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is correct.

The Oracle daily test was completely reworked. Previously, the logic happened in the code and was not designer-facing. Meaning if there was a bug, I couldn't fix it as I could with normal conversations and quests. Now the Oracle daily test is a normal daily "quest" and a new daily flag is being applied. This means that players familiar with this quest may be confused if they notice the Oracle saying it's their first time taking the quest, but it seemed a small price to pay for a fully-functional test that I can now troubleshoot without also requiring a programmer's time.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.