Waterfront lot question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Endest, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endest

Endest Avatar

So with a waterfront lot do you get to place two homes (regular + water home) or just the water one like the knights lighthouse?

Any idea how rare the waterfront lots will be?

Thanks

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Just one home. Right now, waterfront lots are practically all water, so no room for land home.

No idea how rare they will be, but if Kingsport is any indication, mabye 5-10% of the lots will be waterfront.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I think it's a little up in the air. There's a lot of "I want to be on the water, not in the water" pushback. But as it stands, the lots are basically all water.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I am one of the On the water people. But just like those other guys have said, one house per lot deed.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Complicating the matter is some of the Waterfront lots are actually, well. Boats. So you wouldn't want much land there. It'll be odd watching the edge change depending on what you're plonking down :)

I believe the waterfront lots will be very rare given that I've only seen them available to Early Founders, not to Benefactors or through the item store. Of course, that may change as time passes.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. mhoward48

mhoward48 Avatar

So if you get either the Citizens or Edelmann pledge, it comes with a waterfront and reg house and one deeded lot. So you would need to purchase a separate lot to use both the waterfront cabana and citizens home?

Is this correct?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@mhoward48
    Only if you want to use them simultaneously.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

You need to aquire a waterfront lot to use the waterfront cabana, or a land lot to use the land house. Each house needs it's own lot. (the citizen pledge and edlemann pledge come with 1 village lot. Only 1 lot is given no matter which tier you pledge)...so to obtain 2 lots you would need to purchase an add-on lot or pledge again at citizen or higher. Hope that makes sense :)

9. mhoward48

mhoward48 Avatar

Yes, thank you.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I hope to use a lighthouse (which will be my wizards tower) on a village sized water lot. The only thing I'm worried about would be no place to grow any plants or herbs. Will we be able to have pot plants on the upper outside platform, or around the cabanas?

A nice sized basement should hold stuff, crafting stations, and the odd cabal meetings.

Hazard and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Exactly the concern I have with water lots...I don't know if they've talked about if we can garden inside our house or on the roof in some cases....It may be one of the drawbacks of a water lot...

fumblefingers and Time Lord like this.
  12. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

So if I purchase an additional lot deed would I be able to use both land and water homes? Or would I have to purchase an additional home as well?

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Night Fury
    You would be able to use two of your homes. Either deed will allow you to claim either type of plot (land or water).

For example, if you are a Founder Edelmann, you have access to 6 homes from the start:
    1. Founder Edelmann Land
    2. Founder Edelmann Water
    3. Benefactor Edelmann
    4. Founder Citizen Land
    5. Founder Citizen Water
    6. Benefactor Citizen
    You can only use one per plot of land. If you acquire a second plot of land (via deed purchase in the add-on store or by earning it in game) you could use a total of two homes simultaneously. Using the Founder Edelmann level plus a village deed from the add-on store:
    • If manage to claim a one water plot and one land plot, then you could choose one land based home and one water based home:
    • If you manage to claim two water plots and no land plots, then you could choose two water based homes.
    • If you manage to claim no water plots and two land plots, then you could choose two land based homes.
    It is important to remember the current FAQ for housing states the sequence for claiming plots.

Deliverence and Time Lord like this.
  14. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

@Koldar

Thanks for the advice. Picked up another City plot.

15. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

!!!!! nice :)

16. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Haven't i told you how much I like your name and how much I like your avatar and how much I like city lots?;)

Night Fury likes this.
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Great stuff.....only thing i would say is if you are buying form the addon store you need to consider rent. It was confirmed in IRC that there was no intention to make rent payable via $ and it would take a lot of gameplay to maintain the rent on 2 properties.....more than two it is likely that you would need help from others to maintain.

Other than those words of caution....go for it :)

Deliverence and Koldar like this.
  18. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Casual player here (having a busy job and family makes for spotty playtime), I would not want to take on a lot with ongoing rent. I may have to choose a land lot just to keep the flexibility of being able to plant some stuff. Might should look into upgrading my lot size too before everything gets locked up.

By Tor likes this.
  19. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

@Gracekain

You are seriously kind. Thank you. :rolleyes:

I have to give credit to Kumakaze over at "The Bear Tavern" for creating my avatar. She worked with me tirelessly and created everything from scratch.
    Art by hand, followed by my request for changes, and then conversion. She was insanely fantastic.

Perhaps I donated to The Tavern as a result.

Formerly known as OSIN. May have had a comment on your Baron 3 purchase.

Take care.

20. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

When I first read the pledges, I was under the impression you would be able have both your water home AND land home out simultaneously with one land deed.

So, I was a bit disappointed to find out that was not the case. - just one house per land deed.

It also means that most of the water homes in the Kickstarter pledges won't be used. Not much of a bonus really. I guess the water homes were used to lure people in.

Olahorand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.