What PvP Players can look forward to

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by enderandrew, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

Welcome Derandy, chivalry combat looks amazing. Not sure if they can do that here due to lag, I think it will be target based combat here.

PVP is very touch and you'll see a lot of people trying to chase off a pro PVp voice, don't get discouraged and this team should deliver something we all can enjoy.

2. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

So, you submitted solutions that you think are acceptable. Maybe they are not feasible with the current state of development or maybe, just maybe nobody else thinks they are that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

How can it not apply? It's the title of the thread. The opposite of restricted is... wait for it... Open!

Also, I wasn't responding to you which is why I recommended reviewing past posts. You should still do that.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

No actually there wont be, Chris has explained why there wont be but I will just post the relivent section out of the mega thread

Time Lord and Ned888 like this.
  5. derandy

derandy Avatar

thx hopefully we all get the next game for the next 20 years so lord british can go for the mars mission XD

6. derandy

derandy Avatar

ok thx for posting that still in my opinion full loot +fast and easy to get resorces combo would be better. make it so that the skill take long time to get maxed but resorces are fast to get and that u wont need much to eqip your char in 10-15 min with potions armor weapon when u not already have everything on your bank

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

When your opinion is, "your opinion", then it does not matter if others agree with you or not. Wanting an opinion to be accepted by all before moving on with any suggestion, implies that the individual opinion needs a soap box to stand on and not a forum for any discussion.
    [​IMG]
    "There's no different restrictions here more or less, than there are in any online PvP, it's all the same old restrictions, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent".

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

Ned... Yes, it does not apply and it is explained above. This post 35 pages later and a title change from moderators gotten to the point where we realize that restricted pvp as noted by it's supports can exist for the players that need that protection only and Open PVP can exist for players that want that due to the Server Setup they have presented. So with that settled Open PVP is looking like... We don't know yet cause it is just concept and we can contribute to that discussion based on the idea it would only apply to flagged players. Worse part about your posts is I'm starting to think less of pugs...

9. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

Asguard, watch the related video they are talking about full loot as a duel option.... Thick... When they say "don't lawyer me bro" they are talking to you.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  10. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

If you can only do full loot in duels and guild wars then I would argue that it's not full loot but conditional and therefore RESTRICTED.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Things may be settled but it looks like you took a concept and inserted your own perceptive on it.

It was stated they do not want a segregation of the players. Yep, that was a while ago but the theme here has always been the story comes first. It was stated that they wish for the story to entice player out of their comfort zones. This fits with not segregating the players.

There was probably a comment or two from Chris about tech reasons too. Not that they couldn't over come them. Only that it's not the optimal way. (I'd go hunt down the comments but it was in a kickstarter video and I don't have the stamina to rewatch them)

I am not saying the filter isn't going to sort out PvP. I am saying don't get your mind set on a hard line and then be surprised when it's something else.

Time Lord and Ned888 like this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

the game I've waited 14 years for... exept more... so who cares if you just insult me on an on without even listening... I'm pure ego without any knowledge...

*flashes in an out*

I am...

See you all in release 6 ! Wooot :D

13. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

Ned, the rest is in concept and that was a reply to an unfactual statement he had made. So hostile Ned... Why Ned does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ned, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Ristra, I know it's all concept and we could get something completely different as they have built in ways to adjust and throttle PVP. I trust RG when I hear him talk about PVP, some of the other guys aren't putting on world creator hats just yet. I'd like the ruleset built into the virtues and karma, as long as they don't get to sloppy I think they are heading in the right direction. Keep in mind we will be segregated, we have to be in this design of 60 players an instance and that is a fact. They will have to filter us out with people the smart system they have designed thinks we will enjoy playing with. Even with the PVP flag filtering it doesn't prevent people from doing the quest and playing with others while keeping their house character and items. How many people would have switched to seige perilous if it was that easy? Dare I say dozens if not millions.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I got pked once on siege perilous the whole time I played, the community was so strong I never even saw them... maybe I was lucky heh, or maybe it was magic. Maybe also its just logic... I also said this before and everyone ignored it.

Don't let yourself be manipulated Talmanes, you sure have great confidence and eloquence, but you lack the knowledge clearly and you naively limit your toughts to those lies they have gladly fed you.

I have programmed for UO (did quite a few scripts), I have then programmed for freeshards and when I realised it was all the same crap I returned to Siege and lived a quiet life hunting rares to decorate my house. But in the mean time in parallel with our Liege, I have programmed tons of cloud games... I have also been contracted once for a social game so I learned alot.

There is no real limit to cloud computing really, the 60 limit is just to remain in a comfort zone where lag and computing core price is relatively acceptable for the project longevity.

Now mind you I have done RPGs, but with much less info and calculations than what I propose.

The dev team is proposing something simpler like card decks that will fix many issues if accepted, but we'll have to see how it works out, that part I don't worry about cause they're pros.

I was an amateur and I did mini games with quite a bit of pvp info with 60 people too which is considered a "noob-size" instance where its easy to uncover bugs and limit lag, and when you have a good host things are pretty fluid right now, when you go over 200 it gets a bit more complex but it still can be done. I even had to study advanced security scripts to prevent 99.9% hackers and I suppose the team is also savy about these...

How can you have a town party if only 60 people can be seen at one time ?

Don't let your mind be limited... I am saddened I need to leave because a lady asked me, but I am a man of my word.

Goodbye, I'll see you all soon enough I hope.

15. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

I'm not coming up with the number, the developers are using this number in the videos as the proposed limit to ensure server performance. They did mention they can increase this but would rather not due to performance.

Don't lawyer them though, empty chair. We must not lawyer them.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I know you're not coming up with the number... and it will work nicely I'm sure... thats not the issue at hand.

!!!

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That attitude sucks, sorry.

You have no issue with people who share your veiws but come down on those that do not. Not a very good way to have a discussion.

Secondly(not related to that post) many of us who don't want full pvp/full loot have to say something in that regard because it affects many other systems in the game. Even if we don't participate.

For instance...heavily crafted based equipment with no rare magic items to make it so PVP is more skill based instead of having interesting magical items. (don't you dare say i'm looking for WoW....think more NWN or other "normal" rpg style.) The system many PVPer's are wanting takes away from that and does affect those that don't see PVP as the main facet of the game.

When things affect the core aspect of the game itself anyone and everyone should have a say and not just the hardcore.

Noctiflora, NRaas and Ned888 like this.
  18. derandy

derandy Avatar

i also made a screen of the default key bindings they are made very nice in this game with some thoughts behind it

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sdssssnlrt9ap5uw.jpg

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

20. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

Rune, I do think we need more info on the current thinking of items especially how strong and rare they will be. I think we need this info before we can discuss loot too cause if you have some thing extremely rare and they want you to use it then they can't have full loot. Are you wanting hit lighting and things like that? Or Unique slayers, damage bonuses, swing speed increases, durability, is there any item modification you'd say is too far? Should a player with the best equipment have an 90% chance of victory based just on equipment? Would you be opposed to enhancements that only work PVE and disable pvp?

And yes, my attitude with Ned is bad cause Ned inspires that in me. We have a very dynamic relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.