Rotating deck problem

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Heavy Smoker, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

stuns and roots are crap. hated them in all mmo,s

in ultima online an ex por was balanced there was a magic trapped chest (so you could do yourself damage to get the stun removed)

Keira OFaolain and Moonshadow like this.
  2. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Stuns are fine, however I don't think they should be able to spam them.. The root is just overpowered and is used to grief on a rotating deck. Root should have a timer on a rotating deck just like it does on a locked deck to fix this issue.

I fought a guy the other day and he simply just spammed root on me for 5 minutes running around me laughing with his speed boost, me being a much better player already, there was just simply NOTHING I could do about it other than watch him/go afk until he got tired of rooting me.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All I can say is that I reiterate my previous comments on that there is still lots if balancing to be done.

In terms of long timers, I have actually always been against these kind of cooldowns......I much prefer things to be linked closer with mana/focus.

Gaelis and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

in regards to locked glyphs, its the long cool down if you ask me, on top of that they start on cooldown, total crap, as it completely rules out locking a glyph like inner str for the purpose of starting combat with a buff,

Heavy Smoker and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I think the second is totally intended precisely for that reason; you're transforming a randomized time waiting for your buff to come up into a fixed time for your buff to be active. As i see it, if all locked glyphs started active everybody will lock their buffs, so they could use them asap. Is not that i'm fine with it either, just see it as justified. Maybe locked skills may cost more focus if you use them just as they come up? after some time (seconds) their cost could be the standard locked one, and after the same amount of time, their cost is halved. Can't think of anything else...

As i stated elsewhere, i'm for removing troublesome impairment effects (stun and immobilize) or push them further into the highest tiers of the skill trees. They're not strictly needed and they make skill trees uneven. providing a possible solution, I noticed Stuns have some sort of diminishing return; when you're stunned, you gain some stun resistance for a while. Maybe if somebody lockroot you, freeing you from the roots (pressing space button) could cost less for each root, and at the fourth - fifth root, liberating from them is free.

Moonshadow and Net like this.
  6. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Exactly, locked decks should never start out with a cool down, that's just complete sillyness. Takes 4 days to be able to buff in order to fight someone.

Moonshadow likes this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Locked decks should come with either cool down or much higher focus cost, because otherwise everyone will lock their buffs. Besides, if you go fighting, draw your weapon in time. Only other way around that is if random deck is dealt in all available slots and not just the first one.

The thing is, the root is currently the spell every mage needs as it is the only spell that enables him cast all the spells with casting time. If we could cast those spells on the move, then there would be little need for roots, but as of now the root is the only way how to make mages at least partially balanced against melees. And roots can be casted on rather small range anyway.

KuBaTRiZeS, Moonshadow and Gaelis like this.
  8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

good point on the locked glyphs. presents a bit of a puzzle. perhaps instead of penalizing the locked glyph there could be some incentive added to encourage using a rotating glyph.

I like the idea of gaining temporary resistances to things like root and stun once you've been hit with one.

I also think you should be able to attack the root physically .....

Net and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.