Request: 'loot all' button in graphic loot coffin

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rebelweasel, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I have experimented with turning off the 'show inventory in list mode' Games option. I really enjoy the graphic inventory interface, with the ability to use backpacks to sort items and such. It's both immersive and nostalgic. However, the loot box, which is a coffin with a skull on top, is difficult to loot from.

From what I figure out, you can double-click an item in the loot coffin and it will transfer to your inventory, or you can drag and drop. However, there are sometimes items which are coloured exactly right to blend into the background of the coffin. Wands, for example, are nearly invisible in the graphic loot coffin.

In addition, I sometimes need to loot quickly while still in combat. If we had a loot all option in the loot coffin, the same function as the list inventory mode, I feel that I would be a lot more interested in using the graphic inventory feature.

Perhaps that button doesn't have to be graphically disorienting. For instance, is it possible to set the skill as the button, without text? People could learn about it from a tutorial. Or perhaps a crown on the skull or a small banner, which uses the Elder Futhark runes to say "loot all".

taka, Budner, Maeryck and 2 others like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

This is basically why I've gone back to the list view after getting into combat the last couple of releases, I actually much prefer the bag view where at a glance I can see what I have on me without scrolling through and reading the excel sheet list view.

Other wish list items.
    • Looted items should be placed in containers that already have that items or have similar items, i.e. group reagents, wood, leather etc.
    • Tools used after gathering, refining & crafting should return to the container they came from ideally placed back in their original position.
    • The ability to transfer non-empty containers.
    • A toggle shortcut to show the number of items within a stack, so that the amount isn't always visible yet easily accessible without having to wait for the tool-tip.
    • An encumbrance indicator/weight displayed on each container using the above toggle.
    • The inventory toggle currently closes all containers and reopens just the default backpack, it should also reopen those that were pinned.
    • Containers within containers.
    • Dye containers (not sure if that's in already).

taka, Maeryck, fantalio and 1 other person like this.
  3. The One True Nobody

The One True Nobody Avatar

I understand the lack of a "loot all" button might be there because you're intended to think a bit more about the individual items you take, but keeping in mind this is an online game (well, half of the time), it isn't always feasible to expect players to slow down and do everything at a ponderous pace, because other players then have to stop and wait. So, a loot-all button is a definite must.

I think a fancy graphic effect might be going a little overboard, though; I'd be happy with a plain unobtrusive little set of words just below the coffin that say "Loot all." SotA is good about having basic HUD and UI elements that don't feel like they're taking you out of the experience, so it should be no different here.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Nah, the list view has a loot all, as does the work station user interface in bag view (little triangle next to the close button when items are placed on it) it just hasn't been implemented for containers in the bag view.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  5. Cyndyr

Cyndyr Avatar

would like to see this in the future. Also would love to see a quick switch button on backpack or inventory gui to toggle list vs graphical view. There are times I desire to jump over to the list and going to the settings to do this all the time is takes me out of the experience.

Bowman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.