Current add-on store housing lots remaining...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sara Dreygon, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Row: 99+
    Village: 0
    Town: 53
    City: 17

Numa and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Town: 52
    City: 16

16 days left until the lot sales expire and the Row lots increase by $15 the Town and City lots double to increase by $450 and $1050, respectively.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

well to be a bit clear
    :p

The row deeds go from $85 to $100
    the town deeds go from $450 to $900
    the city deeds go from $1050 to $2100

So towns and city deeds will double in cost...
    :eek:

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

The row lot numbers seem to be holding still but once the count hits 98 - expect a minirush. The price of those will rise just 15% once the deadline hits , if you factor in the 15% Black Friday bonus which won't expire until December 2. Ack, time to melt that row lot I got at the original price so I can take advantage of the special discount.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Town: 51
    City: 16

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Wy should anyone buy a town deed for $1050 when you get a tax free town deed with the Knight Marshal pledge for $1200 ?

7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Town 450 -> 900
    City 1050 -> 2100

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

You are right but still. 900 for a town deed wich you have pay tax for or for 300 more a tax free with tons of items and bonus stuff.

Even i could only afford 900 at the moment you could go for a payment plan.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Right, after 02.11.
    But atm its a good deal.

10. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Has anyone confirmed if PoT owners will NOT need to pay taxes on Add-on store lots?
    Since, the penalty for not paying the lot rent is you lose the lot and somebody else may claim it. But if you own the PoT you can just reclaim it, since nobody else will be grabbing your lot.
    If this is true, it would make the remaining City/Town lots a great deal for PoT owners. (Row lots rent will be probably be so low it is not as significant)

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I believe any add on store deed will have a tax you need to pay whether you are a pot owner or not.

Andaluz, Bowman and Senash Kasigal like this.
  12. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Right,
    and i am pretty sure that you have to prepay the tax.

Bowman and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The opposite has been confirmed.
    It does not matter where you make a claim, the tax is on the lot size.
    So POT owners will have to pay the same tax as everyone else for addon store lots.

The implementation discussed is that you pay taxes before use, not after. So if that stays true then the scenario you outline isn't applicable.

So you claim a lot and the tax is deducted right away, if you don't have the gold you can't make the claim.

Bowman likes this.
  14. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

OK Thanks, just wanted to make sure before the deadline passed for the discounted lots.

15. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Sorry, just had another thought, based on the @Spoon reply.

Does this mean at launch during the land rush nobody will be able to select a lot with their add-on store deed, since they will have no money, but need to prepay the rent?

16. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

That sounds correct to me. The initial land rush is going to be just the pledge backers with tax-free lot deeds. The Add-on Store lot deed owners will be allowed to claim a lot after all of the pledge given deeds have their shot... but they will need to have the gold in hand to prepay the tax. So Row Lots and Village Lots will be claimed pretty early, but Town and City Lots might not happen until a bit later.

I've also heard that City lot rents will be extremely hard to maintain and may require help from friends and/or a guild to afford them. So keep that tidbit in mind when considering to buy a city lot from the add-on store. :eek:

4EverLost and Deliverence like this.
  17. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

I wish there was a starting point on the tax/rental of lots and vendors. Like, generally speaking, how much and how often? Something we can visualize what it might be like before everything goes live. That could determine how much $$ people are willing to put into it before it goes live.

Some people might say, well it doesn't cost too much gold for x amount of time. I think I will just pay game gold for these services.

Another might say, I want to save my game gold and just buy outright for real cash so then there is less work in the game.

I know that might chap some hides, but there are always going to be people who just want to pay for it and be done with it. Probably because they have full time jobs, commitments and family responsibilities which impede on free gaming time. Not all players are retired with cushy bank accounts padded with inheritance that have the time to grind in game.

I am also curious how the game gold pay system will work. Will it be like the old days when you just slapped some gold on the vendor to keep it going? I guess we will always be carrying around all our gold, as I do not see a way to deposit that into the bank.

18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think part of the issue there is that they really don't have any idea of how easy it will be to earn gold in the game yet... so how can they choose a starting tax/rental fee if they don't have an average bank account to base it on?

They have an idea of how many playing hours it should take to pay for taxes x, y, and z... but they don't know how much gold we can make in an hour yet. This game will be a player driven economy and other than looted gold from creatures they really can't control how much we sell or pay for crafted stuff. Before they can really get an idea on this kind of stuff we first need to see what the average hourly/daily/weekly/etc. incomes will be.

The main reason to have taxes/rents on lots is to be a money sink to take it back out of the game and make gold valuable. So until they get an idea of how much we will have or how fast we can make it... they won't know how much to charge.

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Ooooh, that is a really good question. We should try to remember that for the next hangout.

20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

And I had just thought of something since my previous reply to Bowman... Maybe a Lot Deed purchase in the add-on store could come with a "1st month free" coupon or something so that people paying hundreds or even a thousand dollars can actually have a shot of placing that lot during the land rush. ;)

I would be very upset if I paid like $450 for a Town Lot and then didn't have a chance to place it because I needed to save up 10k gold (hypothetical cost - don't take it literal) first to place it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.