Devs: for the love of crafting/gathering...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QTIP, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Spot on!!

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Thoughts on cotton and harvesting. Perhaps this will be where agriculture might help, once they get it in?

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I really really really really really really really hope so (for real in case you couldn't tell). But it still helps to illustrate the issue with current design. It works ok for where they have a glut of nodes to quickly level the game mechanic, but in other harvestables it shows how annoying the grind really is.

I still think that if they REALLY want to waste our time while harvesting items a mini-game of some sort would be the way to go.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, considers. *hand under chin, pondering*

Currently, no agri skills. :(
    Goes to pumpkin patch. :)
    Harvests pumpkin.o_O
    Success.:cool:
    How did I harvest a pumpkin with no agri skills?:confused:
    Hmmm, the one that works on cotton works on planted stuff too?:eek:

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I can definitely see myself setting up a village or town lot just to farm cotton plants if they let us.

Ice Queen and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

It may not be, and I really hope this isn't the case, but I'm wondering if the reason it is the way it is now, is to sell us boosts in the add-on store later on to boost speeds/production etc.. I sure hope not. :(

7. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Either that or get the skills high enough so you can go out and harvest the stuff in the wild a bit easier, yes?:p

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Would think not, else they'd not even argue about keep the prosperity tools in the store - ^would be like a selling of power.

Rather would wait to see what crafting will be like when they really have it in place and start making those adjustments.

Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Oh I can harvest every cotton node out there... it just takes a REALLY long time.

8^0

10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I agree. If it is then I think they may have hired people from AA to advise them on gathering.

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. Womby

Womby Avatar

Well, I'm currently mining copper in Etceter Crag Mines, and it takes around 20 seconds to harvest a node (assuming success).
    That seems reasonable to me.

My stats:
    Mining proficiency 38
    Survey - mining 38
    Swift gathering - mining 51
    Meticulous collection 51

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

What tools were you using? Also, for being halfway to GM that is still a rather long down time to be doing nothing for 1 node. Appreciate the real life stats (currently at work or I'd post what I'm getting).

I'm thinking I'll have to make a new character at next release and test avg time in each zone with each set of tools and then do this every 10-15 levels all the way up to GM of swift gathering.

Koldar, Ice Queen, Numa and 2 others like this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

The next release will see the activation of the second & third characters I think. If it does happen as scheduled I'll do some timings myself with my craftsman Avatar. With and without prosperity tools , should generate some interesting figures.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Protip: if you don't loot everything from a mob, it will take longer to re-spawn. (Probably not true in all zones, but most of them currently seem to have one spawn per mob.)

I have had times where I kill a mob and it literally re-spawns right beside me as soon as I loot it.

15. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I'm part of the crowd that thinks the long gather timers are crap. You don't get more resources out of spending 40 seconds gathering vs. spending 10 on a lower level node. You have a slightly higher chance at more rare resources. That chance at rare resources isn't just based off the level of the node, though, it's also based off of your gathering skill.

This makes no sense. If the node takes longer to gather, it should give more resources, as logic would dictate, considering it's the exact same size, shape, color, etc. of it's lower-level counterparts (which, also, should not be the case).

16. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I don't mind challenging. The problem with the slow gathering time is it doesn't seem to increase in speed or % with gain. I have spent alot of days just gathering and haven't noticed a big difference in either.

This game is not good about rewarding you for working hard on your skills. I think that is the point that is trying to be made.

Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  17. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

Also I would like to point out - The slow gather time does NOT apply to field dressing. I am currently skinning elder wolves, 40% chance, it takes about 5 seconds.

smack, Moiseyev Trueden and Numa like this.
  18. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

I have 50 Mining Proficiency, 50 Survey, 50 Swift Gathering, and 49 Meticulous. Takes 26 sec. to mine a node at 62% chance of success rate. There is tons of failures. Very few meticulous and hardly any criticals.
    What should happen is let the dev's go in the Crag Mines with those stats and mine enough Iron ore and tin. Then go out and get enough cotton and suet to make 2 sets of White Iron Sheets, Fustan straps, and constantan bindings that it takes to make White Iron Plate Armor. When they see how long it takes if they do it themselves. I believe there will be some changes in harvesting. Until YOU actually do it yourself you have NO idea what the hell we are talking about. I broke it down in another post of how many of each is required to make just one suit of armor. I played UO and loved filling up my vendors with armor and weapons. It can't be done in this game unless I buy the mats from other people but I wont even be able to do that because it would cost more than I could possibly earn. It takes 432 iron ore just to have enough to make the sheets for a full suit of armor. It actually takes more because you are going to fail several times criting each piece and it takes 2 extra sheets if you get a crit. [Chest and Leggings only]. Once you see how many days not hours it takes to gather all the mats to do this..... You will appreciate what we are complaining about. Nuff said.

Numa, eric0952, smack and 3 others like this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but what you are complaining about is that you do NOT have the ability to make one of the most complex sets of armor with the highest stats in less than 2 months :)

GOOD, it is as it should be.

As I have stated before it will be about 2 months (or more) before we have one of the Large Guilds start to control the materrials market and set the prices. And about 6 months in you will start to see crafted pieces start to stabilize and set that market.

This is a GOOD setup and will ensure that the gamne does just not reach "End Game" in 2 months.

I am sorry that it is setup so a single player is / will have some difficulty to MAX out some things player "THINK" they should be able to in a matter of time.

I will revert to taming as an example (yeah I had Help to test), but there is NO way I would be able to achieve what I did without many MANY hours of play to gain a level to go and get Silver, Iron, Leather to make the INSANE number of collars I have gone thru. (well over 1000). And I am very VEYR happy that when this game launches I will have to work, and WORK hard and long< to achieve even a sliver of what I have now.

Sorry but player should stop complaining and except it. If this type of setup is not for you and you want the "Best NOW" game perhaps you should seek entertainment elsewhere. Do not complain that you paid for something and now do not like it. This game has been advertised from the beginning to be something with longevity not a flash in the pan. If what is being asked for her is given the game will reach an "end State" in 2 months and then be a ghost town.

As stated - Nuff said!

If you are just going to argue with the same arguments already made don't bother. If you have a legitimate concern with a balance issue like; Iron is consumed 10 more than any other base material :) GtG but if not all you are doing is ..... (there are a few anecdotes - peeing into the wind, whish in an empty hand, .....)

Aldo and 4EverLost like this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

But the real question is, what is your producer XP pool? Mine topped 1 million a few days ago and the bar hit 100% shortly thereafter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.