Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can Salvage A Limited Number of Items

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by jiirc, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

1.Title: Can Salvage A Limited Number of Items
    2.Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3.Blocker? No
    4.Details: You can only salvage a limited number of items when batching them. I did a bunch of blacksmithing salvage before realizing it was limited. I saw the issue when I went to carpentry and tried to do a bunch of carpentry based weapons. I probably didn't see the issue in blacksmithing as I was doing a limited number in each batch. From carpentry salvaging I saw that I was able to only place 13 items on the table. When the fourteenth item was placed the salvage button was no longer highlighted. It didn't matter if I placed a single type of weaon (ie. all wands) or if I placed multiple weapons (ie. wands, broken wands, and long bows).
    5.Steps to Reproduce:
    - head to a carpentry table with a bunch of weapons that can be salvaged
    - start crafting
    - place 13 items on the table, the salvage button should be highlighted
    - place another item on the table, the salvage button should go dim
    6.User Specs: 395

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Crafting tables only have a capacity of 15 individual items at any given time. Is it possible this is related to what you were observing?

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

That would be similar to what I saw. I did count the number of items on I was placing on the table after I realized the issue. It would always let me salvage when I placed 13 on the table but placing the 14 would cause a problem.

I wonder if there's a way to let someone know that they've placed to many items on the table so salvaging won't work I was thinking something like the 'maximum of 50' message you get when you try to sell/buy too many items from the merchant.

4. Attenwood

Have you been able to repro this, and if so can you specify what items you had placed at which station for us to reproduce as well? Thank you.

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I ran into this issue 100% of the time I salvaged, once I was aware of the issue. I repeated this about 6 or 7 times; each time counting out some items then removing some items until I could salvage I had already salvaged some stuff on the blacksmith table, but I probably didn't put enough items, not realizing I could mix and match the items I could place on the table.

So I saw the problem with carpentry. I was salvaging lesser wands, long bows, and lesser staves. It didn't matter if I mixed them up or placed all of one type, I could reproduce this issue every time. I could put 15 on the table but couldn't salvage. If remove one and still couldn't salvage, I removed another one (giving me 13), and I could salvage.

6. Attenwood

Is it possible there's anything in that list that shouldn't be there? I'm able to fill the capacity to 15 with salvageable wands and bows... and it lets me salvage fine... This is why I'm asking for an exact list to be able to reproduce precisely what you're putting on that's causing you to see this bug.

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I've salvaged everything that I had in my possession. I'll go and get more stuff and let you know what happens. I'll give you an itemized list of what I put on the table so that you have a better idea of what I'm doing.

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The issue is no longer a problem with Build 396. I was able to put in 15 items at a time. I mixed and matched different quantities of lesser wands, lesser staves, and long bows.

As an aside I did encounter a problem with the message that pops up when you put in 15 items. The message pops up when you put in 15 items (the message states that some didn't go in because you exceeded the 15 item limit. [Thanks btw for getting the message added )

So I ran the following tests:
    batch 1: select 5 lesser staves, 5 lesser wands, and 5 long bows and drag them over. You get an error message..
    batch 2: select 10 lesser wands and drag them over. You get an error message.
    batch 3: 10 lesser wands (from batch 2) but I left them on the table. You get an error message. Drag 1 lesser wand over. No error message. Drag 4 long bows over (one at a time). That put 15 items on the table (no error message while dragging the single items over. I dragged another long bow on and got the message.
    batch 4: Select 10 staves and drag them over (get the error message)
    batch 5: select 5 lesser wands and 5 lesser staves then drag all 10 over at once (get the error message)
    batch 6: select 3 lesser staves, 3 lesser wands, and 4 long bows then drag all 10 items at once (get the error message)

Just to test on another station I went to the blacksmith station
    batch 7: select 10 long swords and drag them over at once (get the error message)
    batch 8: select 5 long swords and 5 triangle shields and drag them over at once (get the error message)
    batch 9: select 3 long swords, 3 rusty two-handed swords, and 4 triangle shields and drag them over at once (get the error message)
    batch 10: leave the 10 items from batch 9 on the table. drag over 1 triangle shield at a time. You don't get an error message until yo place the fifteenth one.
    batch 11: select 5 long swords, 3 rusty swords, and 8 triangle shields. Drag them over all at once. You will get the an error message but only 15 items are placed on the table.

Generalizing the observations:
    1) If you place 9 or less items on a crafting table you won't get an error message.
    2) if you place more than 10 items on a crafting table you get an error message.
    3) Putting over 15 items on the table gives you the error message, but only puts 15 items on the table.

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Agree. Received the warning that some items didn't transfer over because I hit the 15 limit when attempting to salvage 10+

10. Attenwood

Thanks for this! Bug submitted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.