Poll: Would you stay and play, if.....

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by FrostII, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Would you stay and play if you did not have a home to call your own?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Depend on how you define home? Does guild house count as my home? Does the basement of my friend's count as home?

[​IMG]

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Housing is the single most important thing to me in this game. If there were no homes I couldn't see pledging as high as I have.Then comes combat & gathering/loot, and adventuring.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

No housing, no basement. :( No basement, no brothel. :( No brothel ..... no Budner. :(

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

In Star Wars Galaxies, I had a vendor tent on a beach on Naboo on Bria server. It was where I pretty much camped out with my weaponsmith.

In the end, there were large houses that I shared with people, but they usually ended up being vaults for all the different resources that spawned every seven to ten days, but the tent was where you usually found me. After two years, it had finally floated to the top of the vendor list in the galactic search network. Just a tent.

Leelu likes this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

This game is very focused on home ownership. I know it is considered a "vanity" item, and sure you can live without it... but everything about the game nudges you in that direction. Every town you visit is filled with player homes. Look at the add-on store. 5 of the 10 tabs are items related to home ownership. (6 if you count pets, since they can be placed in homes, too).

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I voted yes because there is a lot more to the game than housing. But I have to admit that I am not sure.

It's probably very important that all players have the option to have a place to call home even if it is just a rented room. Placing a chest is very important. Being able to use decorations in some way adds to gameplay content. Having a home adds to RP, even for those that barely RP.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That's another great point. Some people are going to need to get a room, or king's port might take on a new meaning with the public displays of affection.

8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I would like to see the results of "Which pledge level would you have chosen if no deeds/houses were not included" :)

9. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Easy answer for me. Even though I said I would play either way, without a house I would only be at the $45.00 level.

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I don't see it as everything focused on home ownership, but see it as the fundraising is based on home ownership and there's only so much clothing someone will buy whereas people with a house may wish to fill it with all kinds of doodads. The store appeals to people who are want to collect and show off stuff, in their homes, at the moment you can't show off clothing etc. so most of the "rare" items tend towards decorative objects.

Much of the initial campaign and emails and posts were concerned with lots and housing because that's paying for the game (for good or for ill).

I remain convinced that housing will be accessible at least in row lots, and when more complex room permissions come online then people can rent rooms/basements etc. either by themselves or in groups or in guilds. I think it won't be a hard thing to have even item permissions at some point where you can rent a couple of chests in a guild hall as well (though for now we have banks).

I would be perfectly happy entering this game a couple years after launch and, finding that I couldn't own a house (if prices were sky-high and it wasn't Ultima-related staff pulling my nostalgia heart & wallet strings) - but could rent a floor, or a room or a basement or a room in a basement. And if I couldn't then I'd at least have the bank - but I'd probably want to rent a room somewhere either by myself or with a few friends.

11. mercster

mercster Avatar

Damnit, @Budner, we all know you're just not trying hard enough. Need to rent my house? I offer cheap rates ;-)

EDIT: Well, with a percentage, of course.

Budner, Tahru and Leelu like this.
  12. mercster

mercster Avatar

You know I love you...but I dunno about that. Maybe if you're of that certain bent. Nothing in this game has nudged me towards home ownership. Sure, I paid for one, but... :)

Maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule. I don't know.

Leelu likes this.
  13. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Yes, I'd still play without a house. This game has a lot more going for it than just housing. In fact, housing was probably the least of the reasons I backed this game.

I have guild members ask me all the time if they need a house to play; it's a real concern to them due to the high pledge/store prices. I tell them they don't need a house to have fun in this game.

Ice Queen, Leelu and mercster like this.
  14. mercster

mercster Avatar

I've done 100% of my crafting, etc in Ardoris. This probably makes me boring, but, I'm fine with the crafting tables there. Crafting isn't my focus in this game; though I can understand that for some people, that IS the game. So I guess I can't speak to how useful a house is, since besides farming some cotton, I've never done anything useful with it. :p People have different focuses.

15. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

This.

16. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Of course I will play after launch with no property in game. I've played the majority of all releases without a need for property at all. With that being said I will eventually buy a property when I've earned the gold which. ..I've already been doing. So yes, I will be here to kill you all (in game) without owning property after launch, until I earn one by killing and looting you all (in game.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would have backed the project, and played the game, but would not have contributed even a small fraction of the monetary support I've invested in the title.

18. mercster

mercster Avatar

Hindsight's 20/20, right...

EDIT: AHH yeah, I see what you mean now :)

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Do you mean to imply that you believe I regret my investment?
    I do not.

FrostII and Leelu like this.
  20. mercster

mercster Avatar

Nah man, you were just so terse that I misunderstood. :) I probably spent more than I would have for housing as well. I don't regret it at all, but in the end, it was not the main reason I pledged. It's just a nice perk.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.