Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What has MMO's come to

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

This game has a horrible design... Just listen to this guy and you will understand..

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

So the game has a horrible design because this guy say so?

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think he is wrong, MMO is a mechanic.
    For me this video shows that MMO mechanics are special. They work for this genre. And they work well for it. But they most probably won't work with other genres. This is why it will be very hard for SotA to achieve its goal of being a MMO and a single player RPG...

4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

TL ; DL

I got about 7 minutes in, and then started skipping ahead. This appears to be an almost 20 minute whinefest about whats wrong with every online game ever made.

So how about outlining the actual mechanics of what would be good to fix his stated issues?

SOTA is the MMORPG I've been waiting for ever since I left UO (after 7 years); all the other MMOs I've been in since have been pretenders and each has become easier than the previous (to the point of creating an "entitlement" culture) where the players whine that this n that are too hard, "needs a nerf!". Games should be more difficult at times, the players should have to figure out *how* to beat the mobs through strategy and skill, not by whining to the Devs to weaken them.

The integration of the quests to the XP pool helps the player align play in a manner that is less "grindy". Yes, you can still grind your way up to being "powerful", but that's not the point of this game, and it is why the grind is so long and slow for those who are trying that path. This game is more about a balance; the fact that the player has to work to find the quests forces the player to think. This isn't the game the "market wants"; this is the game the market *needs*.

As with any game on the face of the planet before, now, or in the future; if the player doesn't like it and has no constructive input [ present a problem with potential solutions], then they should move on to the next game and leave the game to those who enjoy it.

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Think you misunderstood. Im saying that according to this guy, this game has a terrible design... thats different.

6. Superjuice

Superjuice Avatar

lol this guy. Every MMO that attempted to deviate from the core mechanics of modern MMO's failed, because it didn't work and wasn't received well. He is just burnt out on MMOs and maybe a little full of his own opinion.

Rentha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.