The Open PvP XP Experiment has failed

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by null2, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

There is no exploit here just so everyone understands, and its certinaly the small zones. The size needs to be increased to allow opsing pvp groups to enter a scene with a full pvp group+ any other players doing stuffs in the scene.

In this case that KOR is talking about and I personally think Kor is awesome ;) there where two partys and a few randoms and OWL wanted to come in a pvp but the scene was apparently too small.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

It was found on accident too. We had a group doing the control point and there was random people in the same instance and then it was noticed other people couldn't join unless they were a member of a party already in that instance. You can't possibly expect people doing the CP to yell at other random people to leave the instance so you can come in and PvP. It's always been a fairly popular zone due to resources and the troll.

3. Net

Net Avatar

There is huge difference between finding an issue and reporting it, and using it over again and again. I mean, if you find the NPC gives you 500 xp for giving him keyword for completing a quest that was already done is one thing, Using it three times can be tolerable, you want to verify it is happening. But when people use it over and over to get to GM levels it gets quite different, it is same here. I am all for people for finding exploits, using them over and over again is quite different though.

Sadly the line between bugs and exploits is blurred on many ocassions and Portalarium is usually very lax with people before banning them, so quite a few things were without punisment which perhaps encouranged more of the folks to play on the edge...

4. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Well said. This is my exact stance towards this.

Acred, Vallo Frostbane and Net like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Then whos at fault the group xping the group collecting resources the random individuals or the pvp group coming in. I just dont think its that simple, imop they should close the zone untill its fixed or everyone just be happy with it till r37.

Ill add this is the most group activity generator in the game since r1, im not sure this is a bad thing just needs tweeking.

Audacity likes this.
  6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Since we know the devs don't make a habit of posting exploits on the forums. Is it possible they did communicate to those people using the exploit to stop. That or continue with directions on how to further test.

Guess the only way to find out is use the exploit and wait for a message from the dev team. That or the ban hammer. Who knows. But assuming they are not banning and allowing people to exploit freely doesn't fit the logic.

7. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Often when people like myself and other bug reporters find a bug, we are very careful to report it to Atos and Attenwood or hand the information to someone within the chain that can bring it to attention. At this point it is a bug. When the bug is understood and a group is organized to use the bug that they very well may have accidently discovered and they go ahead and bring many alternate characters into a zone to recreate the bug and persistently use it for weeks for group benefit - then they are exploiting a bug.

We caught players exploiting bugs that we typically report and conceal from the public until they are fixed. When we conceal these bugs we do not go and practice them in private instances, like the culprits in this case.

That is why we do not understand the logic behind all of it.

Vaiden Luro and Blake Blackstone like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The logic is simple its to small of a zone for all the players who want to play in it, its by far the best xp, gold, resource(troll bones, ore etc), pvp and shear activity scene in the game.

10x any other scene it gonna draw people. and honestly we did not realize it was broke untill the pvpers showed up, so I guess u all broke it.

9. Net

Net Avatar

I do not know about this particular... exploit. I know of people who got crazy amounts fo xp and gold from the game and were nto banned and the xp /gold was not removed from them.

I think the dev team did not considered those activities exploit or did not caught those people in action. I know they have banned some people, but the fact that people were using mechanics that were fixed later but were not acted against created a huge disparity between avatars. I would like the dev team to be more open about their stances on what is exploit and who they banned or for what exactly, but they decided to be more secretive (perhaps they have good reason for that). Still it feels to me by the current state of things that they do not care much about letting people take advantage of temporarily broken mechanics here and there as long as it is not too bad, but their definition of too bad seems to be very generous one.

Vaiden Luro, Acred and Weins201 like this.
  10. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I would say the 1 million xp an hour in Vertas might be considered an exploit. I wonder how many took advantage of that? Wonder if it might be some of the same people complaining here? Not saying that they did, just makes you wonder.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Net like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

More like 1.4 million xp an hour, but they made control points for this reason to be high end group content. Not sure how thay can be considered and exploit?

And they have been arround and abused for many months now.

I believe control points are working as intended just have become more popular because people are higher and theynadded pvp.

12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

People were standing on a pillar. They fixed it. just wonder how ppl get to level 120+ so quickly.

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Now its stand on the flag and nuke for 10 hours swaping in and out people.

Lots of waiting lists at some times.

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Which all goes to support the belief that calling for a final wipe was not a good idea.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Heres the joy of playing a game before its released. Theres going to be exploits and bugs that people abuse one way or another.
    They cant exactly ban willy nilly due to the fact that were all classified as *testers * so the having to really prove.. exploiting knowingly... usually isnt worth their effort i imagine.
    The reality is theres going to be a whole whack of people who have exploited their way up consequence free, and will be leaps and bounds past everyone else.
    That being said, i imagine their focuse is the players that come in on release date, and onward. Not worried so much about the people that abused the system to excel early on, just making sure its fixed in the future.

This thread title is misleading and should be change to * Shame on the people abusing something* - as usual what happens when something happens.
    There will be plenty more examples like this before we get to release date. Gotta stop blaming the premise of ideas and features, for the abuse and loop around players find while its still being built.

I also have to imagine that they have weiged the cost of doing a wipe to punish these guys.. over what would also be a loss of people who are generally here playing the game and want it to succeed.
    Screw the peopel abusing crap like this, and the people abusing gathering exploits, exp exploits and such, but theres not much you can do besides fix the issue. They should, and are, focused more on people joining in the future, then the people here. Were here to hammer this crap out, if you dont think this, you shouldnt be playing till release.

And lol its not hard to tell whose done this just by simply looking at the GM's or their levels, and knowing what a non abuser is at.. I mean let them do this.. and brag about it? No one cares.

16. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Literally everyone I enjoyed playing with who reported these bugs in honesty has quit because of this though.

17. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Ain't nobody standing on a flag. Standing in the middle of the CP is more like it. So many people have been spouting this "standing in X weird spot" when in reality we've been standing right in the middle of the control point. That's what we did in bright bone and that's what we're doing in vertas pass.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

By standing on the flag I ment close proximity. i.e. not los-ing or shooting threw walls like im sure some people are thinking.

19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If they keep using the exploit.. yes definetly. We did that to the people naming items wrongly in the market. So no excuses. ^^

If they find it, report it and stop using it it is perfectly fine. But I guess it will go like it did with the Owls Head crafting exploit... It will get fixed but the damage is done and over time it won't maybe matter that much.

20. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Couldin you forget that they stood on a flag, glitched behind a wall, or did some other exploit in order to gain the skills and power necessary to just stand in the middle of the point like they are now. That is why we consider this so unfair. You can not catch up without losing all of your dignity and exploiting with them or paying these guys to exploit for you in the current build of the game. I understand this is all data for developers to balance the game in the future but there is a present to deal with as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.