Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quick Feedback on Sieges and the release.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by MrBlight, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Not going to go into it to much,
    But man am i disappointed in that siege.

Just ran into the first one we could find, me and 1 buddy. And not only were the mobs.. quite easy (but i guess so).. the overall zone is very small and the only thing even dangerous is the catapults.

It took 1 quick triple shot of catapults to kill me, before i realized theres an easier way.
    Turns out you can basically ignore the mobs, walk up and kill the entirely to easy engineer and it disables the catapult.

While i was actualy excited at the challenge initially, after 45 sec in zone and realizing this, it turns out i can solo shut down a siege relativly easily. With the 2 of us, even easier.
    The only Challenge is i suppose the lich ? And even that.. is far from a *team needed to lift the siege* as a lot of people will be able to do it solo, and if not, then definitly duo.

Pretty big let down.

So took about 4 minutes to free up the town.
    Disapointed that it doesnt actually lock you out of the POT (berek said that right now it does and thats a bug).. so people will just ignore them like roving encounters.

Also theres 0 reward for actually freeing a town.
    You would think a merc captain, or the scout would give u 100g or something, consdiering they pay you to run MAIL around the game... but lifting a siege? nah.

comeon guys, the idea is solid, the scene LOOKS nice, but need to make it a challenge.
    I DID enjoy mercs and cultists fighting tho.

Lastly -
    Was only on for like an hour, and a solid 50% of my shots as an archer arnt registering.
    Couldnt kill a rabit with 4 rapid fires, and 15 auto attacks while adjusting targeting on him over n over. But as soon as i aimed shot, it worked and killed it.
    Theres definitly issues all of a sudden with dmg registering.
    Guildy is telling me none of the death magic is registering either for him.

All in all... super canyion looks okay, tho still relativly small... but a definite step up from the clone it was. Still a massive amount of rez in it, which is okay as now theres crits in there at least to bypass 20skill people running unlimited 5skull rez.

Cant understand the delay on Renting and adding a way to differentiate between lot deeds ( This is a simply frustrating mechanic.) .. As all this talk about new people.. would be nice to rent to my guildies some lots, without the pain that it is now.

but anyways.
    Keep up the good work! Performance is very noticeable! load times, start up times - awesome fixs.

Kaisa and Numa like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I also think you broke the respawn in MMO mode
    Node respawn is just on meth! Zones are like power spawning back!

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ahh great. Also having massive issues with guildies and buddies for them disappearing on map, and then not being able to see mobs hitting them.
    2 deaths cause now by invisible mobs that he or i cant see. ( MMO MODE )

You guys brokeded something =P

Chatele likes this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh dear god is rapid fire/ auto fire and ranged abiities broken!
    You broke my character!

Only thing that working properly is Aimed shot!

Chatele and Lord Ravnos like this.
  5. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Disabling shot also seems to work fine.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Blinding and piercing seem to work.
    Seems like its mostly Rapid and Auto attacks are just screwing up

Numa likes this.
  7. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I was honestly looking for more from the sieges. They seem decent but the whole thing just felt underwhelming, like another random encounter.

8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

A challenge that requires the co oporation of many avatars to lift.
    Or one solo one to just walk in and clear it easier then any of the 5 skulls.
    Will be fun for first 3 weeks for new players till they hit point its too easy.

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I was in Ardoris and wanted to exit to Novia, but instead I entered a forest siege. I fought a bit when I reached an exit and was right again back in Ardoris. Ok, let's exit now to Novia but wait...I am again in forest Siege. Next exit, next time again in Ardoris. I can't leave Ardoris to Novia via the main gate. Not liking.

Denzel likes this.
  10. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Interesting to hear people are finding it too easy - I got murdered. The scout at the beginning was getting res-killed by mobs that were too close to the entrance, and I was getting res-killed by mobs that were too close to the ankh.

I went back into Ardoris and I guess I'm stuck there! So I logged out.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1

12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Dude i'm right there with you. I teamed up with an impromptu group and we still got our a$$es handed to us! I am not liking the current state of these sieges, we had the same problem at the ankh. Four liches just hung out there killing Lucky and whoever was foolish enough to rez there.

Quenton likes this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I got into a siege yesterday and teamed up with the one other guy in the scene. We were both ranged - I was running a purist archer deck and he had a mix of arrows/lightning. We owned it. We weren't even working together most of the time and instead running in opposite directions. There was one point where we both died once... facing off against the Liches - I saw his health counter run out and I ran into render assistance and then I got beaten down - but as soon as we teamed up we cleared them.

We circled the perimeter a few times - cleared all catapults and just steamrolled mobs... waited until they respawned and cleared them all again. I couldn't tell if we won or if I was supposed to do something else so I departed the scene after a few rounds of mob slaying. I just wrote it off as iteration numero uno - the map seemed small and I was a little confused about what I was supposed to do. Destroying the catapults was an interesting twist - I'd like to be able to take control of one and turn it against the enemy forces.

Something stuck me as curious though... the mercs in this scene won't communicate with you if your weapon is drawn. I thought that was odd because it's an active combat zone - you'd think mercs engaged in combat at any level would be ok with talking to you with your weapons drawn or not.

Numa and Cordelayne like this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thats a listed bug. And was announced in the daily mssg thing. So thats good.

Lol same. We wernt surr when we were done. Only thing that tells ya is if u run back n talk to original scout. He goes. GOOD JOB!
    Then cheaps out n doeznt even reward you.

Also side note. If you kill engineers quick the cats dont shoot lol
    Ya didnt kno2 we were done till we left. Then it was lifted

Numa likes this.
  15. Gix

Gix Avatar

To exit a city properly, the trick right now is to take a boat from within the town scene, go to Novia from whatever town you ended up being, then (from Novia) travel back to the town you were originally from.

It's all relative as, for me, it's practically impossible to kill much of anything in a siege.

16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

yea which is fine, i guess. Just expected if you were fighting to *close it* instead of taking side route, it would actually take a few people heheh.

17. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I am already tired of sieges. Nice concept, but not ready for primetime. I have died 3 times in siege screens and all 3 times I was flamed in under a second for over 400 damage. The last time was ridiculous because I was simply running thru the scene to the exit. about 2/3 of the way thru, a big flash of fire and I was dead. WTH. Lost 50K Xp and no clue what hit me.

I looked at the chat logs, but nothing shows damage near that amount (all log types were displayed). The log from the time I entered the siege screen till I died show me taking 34 damage from mobs out of the 565 health I had when I entered. I can't see how new players can be expected to navigate this. Right now it only seems like a death trap to suck XP from players. At least if I knew why I died I might have more understanding and less anger, but so far the whole siege experience has been just a major pain in the @$$. I dont mind losing the XP if I know why, but this is so far a blackbox experience... enter and die and don't know why!

Cmon devs... get this thing sorted. Also sieges seem too frequent... there have been 2 sets of sieges on Aerie in 2 days since sieges were added. They last quite a while. A daily siege seems excessive and I am sure will have players burn out on the game if they constantly have to navigate these on a daily basis.

But at least add some more log entries so if players die they know what killed them. Right now it reminds me of playing games on private servers where the devs would just toast player characters at random for fun. When players die if they dont know what's happened... it reflects badly on the game developers/administrators. I can't be the only one having this problem.

Preachyr likes this.
  18. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

@Syznow

While I appreciate your feedback and generally agree with the points youve raised... Lets not sully our points with exagerration that might give new people the wrong idea.

You didnt lose 50k xp. Unless you are sitting on 20+ gm's in which case you would be soloing the seiges easily.

Again, just pointing out for the sake of new players... We can make our points without hyperbole... Death penalty at the moment is completely ignorable.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It seems to me that I saw a post (can't remember exactly where, sorry) that said there was a way to see what city is currently under siege. Anybody know anything about that ?

20. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

Portalarium can review their data and determine how much I am exaggerating or not. The devs can call me out on that if appropriate. I was just pointing out a problem with players not having enough data to even know what's happening in the game. Without any data you just decided to attack my post.

Death penalty for new players obviously won't be that high. I never claimed it would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.