Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Two handed sword doesnt seem to hit harder than 1 handed longsword

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Chris I been poking around trying to figure out why a buddy of mine has so many focus/damage issues with his heavy armor, higher strength, and two handed sword.

Normallyy i dual wield with a longsword and dagger, i took up a two handed sword and popped soem strength buffs and potions to increase strength by 30 (+30 higher than i normally fight with my 1 handed swords), and i saw only a +10 or so increase in maximum CRIT damage with thrust over my 1 handed weapon, couldnt notice a difference with double slash, and around +20 difference in my charged attacks. My strength is under 100 (50ish unbuffed, 80ish buffed)

Perhaps the strength modifiers for weapons need a tweak again. I know in the past they were too high for 2 handed weapons, but that was mainly an issue of people buffing thier strength to incredibly high levels.

Maybe re-widen the strength damage gap between 1 and 2 handed weapons a bit more and throw that diminishing return on strength damage on there or something? I only know this is going onw ith 2 handed swords. no clue about other weapon types.

Bows are fine.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I've found that if your dex is really high... and you normally dual wield that you will not see much of a difference in DPS when compared to a 2H. I also dual-wield as primary... however, my base STR is 88 and base DEX is 55... When I used to use 2H exclusively... my base STR was 98 and base DEX 21... my DPS was a lot higher when using 2H versus dual... mow they are pretty much the same.

I think if you dual and have a high DEX it's not going to make much of a difference going to 2H. Also, I think 80 STR buffed on a 2H is low. Just from my observations...

I'm AL 85

Leelu likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

If your strength is higher than dexterity it makes sense two handed weapons is better
    If your dexterity is higher than strength it make sense dual wielding is better

Two handed weapons probably benefits from strength more while the one handed benefits more from dexterity/criticals

Leelu likes this.
  4. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

So I'm going to throw out the crazy idea that maybe 2-handed and dual wielding are balanced? I'm pretty sure the overall goal is to make any build equally viable and if these two end up darn close in DPS then mission acomplished.

Leelu likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Dual wield uses less focus and is also more defensive than 2 hand.

Also i forgot to mention that my sword and dagger both have crit dmg increase and flat dmg increase. And the sword has thrust dmg increase.

The two handed sword was not enchanted or masterworked with any damage modifiers. So its an invalid test

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.