Deathmage God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I farm the mages only in the rise, if anyone has a good method for farming them with corpse explosion please divulge as i certainly cant. Mages and archers move around a lot and yes u can get the odd one with one corpse explosion but that is all, it is not even in my deck for against them. For mobs that come to you, like fighters etc yes it can be used with good effect but please the people that say they can farm the rise with it, please show me as i certainly cant, i have tried. I need completely different build to do the mage room effectively, and when i say effectively i mean with not dying, yes u can stick it in your build and yes u can kill the odd one but to do the mage room effectively without dying needs a specific build in my case where i cant even fit it in let alone use it non stop to kill them.

Vox Aquila, Derium and Barugon like this.
  2. eli

eli Avatar

If you hang out on the stairs and LOS them, you can collect them at the doorway

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes i know the techniwue, i have attempted it of course, but it is not effective really in truth. I have spent so many hours in there u wouldn't believe, i have tried to get the most effective build to do it and really even dragging them there doesn't work as well as it sounds it would. A) they don't stay in one spot they spread all out, if u get them on the stairs theres also a bug which means u cant fire it off in corridors or especially stairways very well. Also in order to make it worth it needs to be in a couple, slots in deck with a 5 card spread, and between all my defensive cars and my attacks and other nick nacks, there is no room for it. If i could get it to work i would have, i tried to begin with there as i thought it would make life easy, it can if once in blue moon u get them lined up, but its very rare and also u lose other skills and defence doing it. And i don't know anyone else who does use it there personally.

Vox Aquila and eli like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, drag them to the stairs. If you stand at the top, the archers and mages will stop at the bottom (where you're in range and they can see you). Their corpses will conveniently pile up right there.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sounds more like an AI issue more than anything else.

Derium likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Have you made a bug report?

7. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Not only that so what? It's not as if bosses drop enormous loot or this is eq where no one else on the server can kill the dragon for a week.

The game has a solo online mode. Everything should be doable at some point (and the skill curve makes it so that it's closer to where people are now vs in 6 months individual skill wise.)

And trolls are easy as melee get behind him and jump when he does.

Note that I'm neither a uber death mage and haven't made it deeper than 1 room into the rise much less killed anything with 10k. But I like goals.

Derium, Lord Baldrith and Stundorn like this.
  8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

There is not archers in the mage room it 16 mages i think in total, and if u not careful u can easily get 5+ on you at once...i have tried it and like say it works better in theory than practise. Ever had 6 mages firing at you as you try and get corpse explo to work in those halls/stairs and using a slot or 2 for the spells, i am gm'd in all things anti mage and i need them all running in order to survive that fire bath. Sure i do kill the archers and fighters that way lower down, they all green and only a nuisance really but they die easy to it, but the XP is with the mages and i for one cant get it to work, i fight them normally and effectively and rarely die while maybe a little slower than if i could get it to work and drag them there...it takes under 5 mins to do that room normally and i cant see any great increase in time if i could do that method, i have tried and i have died off it as well

No as it well known in those areas, any aoe spells are hard to pull off where u need a aoe area to highlight in dungeons i find. If i had bugged it and it worked better in all honesty i wouldn't use anyway as it still makes u less defensive and id rather take a little longer killing than dieing for a mistake.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are always AI quirks that you can use to your advantage. For instance, if I get mobbed then I'll jump on something (like a nearby rock) and all the fighters will just run away.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It may be well known to players but not so well known to the devs. I would file a bug report anyway.

Bow Vale likes this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think it was Vhris or someone i cant remember does know about it, it was mentioned in a telethon/post mortem by themselves! Something that they knew about and had been going on forever and they needed to get it fixed.

Barugon likes this.
  12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Point is that a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon on how overpowered corpse explo is, but completely dismiss and neglect the limitations of death magic in particular and magery in general.

Derium, Stundorn and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

and then the skill will be useless

E n v y likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ohhh directions please, I wouldnt mind exploiting err bug testing this.

All the bosses I find are faster than me and immune to disabling shot.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    2112Starman likes this.
  15. Derium

Derium Avatar

I'm just here to say this game shouldn't be in persistence yet. Every type of class is getting such huge overhauls (nerfed into the ground) that you are already starting the game over with once you feel you need to roll a new class.

Yes you CAN just keep playing your class with the nerf. But we pick classes because they are fun. Either way, this game is still 100% in the testing phase. They should still be wiping the server and just well, testing things.

Signed
    Former tamer, soon to be former death mage.

Stundorn, Brass Knuckles and mass like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, because they're making adjustments (because they have to for the long term health of the game), they should punish everyone by deleting their characters?

fonsvitae likes this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

It could be said that you are chasing the over powered class's and its your own fault.

Since persistance I have seen this:

1) Tamming started out way to OP, lvl 5 people could get a ferocious red spider and wreck everything just standing around. Tons of people moved to it to use the flaw. The dev's nurfed it and they amazingly all got mad at them.
    2) Air popped up as to powerful. People could just spam chain lightning and take out everything in square mile, no fizzle (easier the regular lightning), massive stuns, etc.... Tons of people moved to it, then the devs nurfed it. Everyone was mad who moved to it.
    3) Death popped up as to powerful. The math is flawed at the top end and to powerful, corpse explosion was to powerful, the focus/health transfer is way to powerful. Everyone has moved to it. They will nurf it... everyone will be mad.
    4) Earth for a a few month popped up to powerful. Earthquake was tripple hitting, obs arrow scaled WAY to high, people moved to it, they nurfed it and people were mad

The key here is 2 things:

1) The dev's have serious issues with "math" in that this stuff keeps coming up (sorry Atos, but this stuff is your realm right?)
    2) People keep jumping to the clearly over powered stuff and get mad when nurfed which is completely silly.

Edit: Actually there was a 5th and I dont remember it well, but it was bows related. Same thing.

Then like you see here in this thread "the dev's keep nurfing everything"... I think done by very disingenuous people.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

In the vernacular it's known as the FOTM... Flavor of the Month...

Barugon likes this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Valid point, but they had very small tester base pre persistance. I think we would still have these issues post release even if they had held off.

Dev team is to small imop, slowly but surley.

20. Derium

Derium Avatar

It's my fault that I've been a tamer in UO for over 15 years and I decided that I wanted to be a tamer/archer or a mage in SotA before I even logged in. Got it. I'm such a moron for not being able to see into the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.