Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Deco Disappears while decorating a Plaster and Wood Inn - it disappears OR appears up a floor

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Pebbles, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

7/19/2017 10:41 PM

Title: Deco Disappears while decorating a Plaster and Wood Inn - I find it one floor up

Reproduction Rate: 100% when quickly clicking and dragging the item and then quickly clicking and dragging the item again. See below for details. However, I have noticed that slowly clicking and slowly moving deco items seems to prevent this from happening.

Blocker? No, but likely confusing for newer players. And lots of running upstairs to retrieve items while decorating.

Details: Moving around rug and sofa on the main floor on an Inn, the deco items disappeared from view. It was not in my inventory, I didn't see it outside the house, and when I logged out and log back in it does not come back. When I was walking around the inn doing something else, I found it directly above where I lost it on the second floor -- halfway in the hallway, halfway inside a room.

Steps to Reproduce: Place rug, sofa, or other deco item on the floor. Click and quickly drag the item to move it and then quickly click and quickly drag the item again and it disappears from view. Go one floor up to located and pick up the item.

This originally happened on the main floor, but also happened when I tried it from a second floor room. Each time I found the rug one floor up, it is always in a spot that I would not be able to place it if I was on that floor. Under walls, poking outside the Inn walls, etc.

Then I experimented with placing the rug in different areas and I was able to place the rug under walls and poking outside the home.

And later when decorating with chairs and sofas, the same thing happens. If something disappears I need to go one floor up to retrieve it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original Bug
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz (12) System RAM: 65536
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500 OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 3072
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.629.Date.07.07.17
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Dawn's Keep
    Area Display Name: Dawn's Keep
    Loc: (-35.1, 45.0, 142.8)

Testing next day to recreate
    7/20/2017 1:02 PM
    User Specs:
    Loc: (-36.0, 54.2, 148.8)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Pebbles, Your reporting of this issue is appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review. A lot of developer time is being consumed by the new release coming at the end of July. It may take some time to work on this issue if it does not actually block play. If it is not fixed or persists in the next next Release 44, please resubmit again. They have done a lot of work on fixing these types of issues but have quite a few more to go.

3. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

your not going to give him a ticket number?? How the hell is the dev team going to keep terack of his problem if there is no ticket number? oh thats right your stealing his report to gain in the bug hunters section.

4. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

I just had a similar issue where I was trying to place a pillow on a bench and it is now missing. I was trying to place a pillow on a bench against the wall right near the stairwell on the main floor, just to the right of the window. After the pillow disappeared, I looked all over the inn, especially on all the floors above it. It is not back in my backpack, I started with 12 pillows and only have 11 now.) There is currently no basement on this inn.

Would this be considered a bug? Or just a deco glitch? In this case it was a fairly inexpensive item placed on top of another fairly inexpensive item, but I am worried it could happen to something that is very expensive to craft....

Any thoughts on this? Tonight's location and stats are below the screenshot.

[​IMG]

7/26/2017 7:05 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    Loc: (-32.6, 45.0, 151.7)

5. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

I have just lost a second item so now I am considering this to be a blocker. I was placing a bench (like the one pictured above in the disappearing pillow screenshot) in the hallway by the back door that backs up to the closet and it disappeared. I cannot find it anywhere. In addition to losing deco items, I am guessing that it is also going against the interior deco limit count.

Here are the details with today's location. Is this something that should I should keep reporting or is it considered a dead issue?

7/29/2017 3:02 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.636.Date.07.28.17
    Loc: (-39.1, 45.0, 155.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERhd24ncyBLZWVwfCgtMzkuMDg5LCA0NC45ODQsIDE1NS4yMTQpfCgwLCAtMC43MDgsIDAsIC0wLjcwNil8LTE3MDh8MjUuOTk3N3wzLjkzODE2NA==

Editing to add:

I logged out and logged back in. I am not sure if it was there the whole time, but I found the bench up in the air on a wall shelf, behind where my avatar was standing when placing the bench next to the other bench next to the wall in the screen shot. One mystery solved, one to go.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.