Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Decay Penalty for Single Player

Discussion in 'Release 48 QA Feedback Forum' started by Umuri, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

You see "50% reduction for resurrection", I see "People who play alone now have to pay 2x the decay as everyone else".
    I also see the following people as being "penalized" by this new system:
    1. People who are poor and only play one account now pay 2x as much decay as people who run secondary alt accounts as mules (and now res-bots).
    2. People who can only play for 10-30 minutes most days and therefore have no time to spend "finding a group" when that eats up half their free time now pay 2x as much decay. This is made worse that due to decay accumulating offline it already disproportionately punishes this style of player more as someone who hunts 30 minutes a day experiences way more decay than someone who hunts 3 hours one day a week and dies the same amount.

People who run a secondary res account already have an advantage in both ressurection time, and in retracing their steps/recovering their fights. Now you want to give them a decay boost which is a straight equivalence to free exp compared to those who can't afford one?

If decay needs a reduction, reduce it. But don't use it as an excuse of a mechanic to force multiplayer playstyles on people or to punish people who can't game for hours each day.

It's basically akin to saying, "If you have a busy lifestyle, are a casual player, or don't like spending every second surrounded by other people, this game is not for you" to the breed of busy players who prefer some solitude when they only get fractions of time to play each day.

If this is a "must have" design feature, make it 10%. Making it 50% is such a huge differential that it makes it a punishment to those without it.

FrostII, amaasing, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm going to guess that you suffer 25% of your accumulated decay if you're resurrected by another player (vs the 50% you suffer now at an ankh). The other 75% of your accumulated decay is still there. It's not actually reducing your decay, just what's applied.

[edit] Also, if you're in a group then you're very likely fighting a boss and your chances of dying are much higher.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Elwyn likes this.
  3. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

I completely disagree with you... this is an MMO and as I healer I am excited that I now have a use for the resurrection spell. No one wanted to use the spell bc it was worthless. It made people res where the mobs had just killed them AND they had less health and focus then they would have had going back to the anhk. This is a great way to make this spell mean something! Also, if you are playing by yourself obviously you are in a zone you can handle as a solo player. So I wonder just how often you are "dying" I never go into a zone I know I can not handle alone. Thank you so much Port for making res have meaning <3

Draugur2, Elwyn, Woftam and 2 others like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Remind me why we have xp loss on death ?

5. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I know you are being sarcastic, but I am all for death penalties. I hate games where death has no sting at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.