Two ADV level 90's - dragon slaying difficult

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It is really a dragon tho ? or its a mutant crocodile ? :p

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Easy for some, not for others. This did take away from something that was group content for some. Some guilds put together groups once a day to go kill the dragon, and they cannot do that anymore.

bigta1982 and Nikko like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

its a well known fact drake < dragon < mutant crocodile :p

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I won't derail but this does highlight the decreasing of fun group content. The Fall was fun and XP was not insane... poof. The Rise lich room is super hard and gave great XP but not insane and it was nerfed this release despite only high level players being able to do it AND despite the attenuation being added... Why nerf the place AND add attention the same release.........??? @Chris. When I get home after work and am asked "what do you want to do" that list needs to be large but is shrinking. CP... monkeys... sleep.

I don't even want to take on the dragon with @Andartianna as all it takes is a nice 700 crit by the dragon and I'm toast... and that's with L130 defensive buffs.

If I fight the dragon for four hours straight I'm guaranteed to have less XP than when I started... :(.

Gamician, Cryodacry, Retro and 4 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Why would the developers make more content for a small handful of people that are already miles apart from the rest of the playerbase?

What needs to happen is the developers need to create repeatable content that everyone can enjoy. Content that doesn't require a "best build" or years of grinding to have fun. They also need to take the top 1% of XP earners and bring them back to reality with the rest of the pack. Otherwise you end up with a small group of people ruining the game for everyone else because they're lapping everyone on the track while running backwards (getting all the rewards and achievements).

Dragons aren't supposed to be farmed over and over again. There should be significant risk to fighting dragons. If there weren't then you'd have more and more people farming them and burning through the content we already have.

I'm not trying to call you out Sara Dreygon. I understand you're just playing the game and trying to have fun. But seriously, the people at the top of the pyramid seem to collectively think that what they did to get there is not abnormal. That this roleplaying game is supposed to be about grinding out the most efficient XP no matter what it might do to the economy or the overall game playing experience for everyone else. The whole idea that you may not be able to fight dragons over and over again without losing XP, is not something that should be seen as a bad thing. It should've been that way from the start.

As we continue to develop and evolve this game, I hope the devs pay a lot more attention to areas where players are grinding out abnormal amounts of XP and loot, and I hope they stop it.

And for players that think they're somehow entitled to endless XP and loot....please take a step back and think about what this is doing to the game. It's ruining it.

Pounce, Montaigne, Hornpipe and 3 others like this.
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

1 million xp per hour...

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

THIS is my concern. My friend and I are both level 90. We were able to kill the dragon together before. It was good fun. It took us close to one year of somewhat casual play to get to the point where we could do that content. Now we are pushed back by how long? Several more months? A year? I don't know yet. Why do we always seem to adjust things by MASSIVE amounts to cater to some .08% of the players in this game? It is quite frustrating.

Just like Mac has stated recently... "You make it so it is really difficult for (him), and then suddenly nearly no one can even take on the content." How is that fun? Should it really REQUIRE that you have a tank that is level 110+ to tank this lowest level dragon?!

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

The DRAGON is the topic here, and the ability to have two level 90 players kill it.

Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

As we can see in other posts, it becomes useless content if no one can do it, so what is the point of even putting effort into putting it in the game if no one can do it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
    Gamician, Cryodacry and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Why in hell would anyone want to go fight something if there is great chance of losing XP doing so? I think you're taking it a bit too far. There will ALWAYS be the outliers that challenge the boundaries of what you are and are not supposed to do. You can't stop that, and they should not be "reined in" as you say. We simply can't make the game to cater to these outliers. The game becomes impossible for the masses that we need to keep happy.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'd like to get back on topic of what CAN a couple of level 90 players do to mitigate critical hits from a boss like this dragon. Can we do that, Please?

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Ever try taking a party of 8 to the Dragon or K'rul? I've heard rumors you can get 75k/hr at the dragon with barely most players being one-shot barely multiple times and an artifact to chop 8 ways... in K'rul there are rumors a party of 8 can get 200k/hr and all the scrap and mechanical parts a party of 8 could ever dream of having.

This isn't about high end players... it's about having places where groups of 8 can go and have fun and still progress there character without getting one-shot by 700 damage crits.

Everyone should do whatever they have the most fun doing whether that be grinding with 8 friends for a few hours after work to decompress (this is my thing and most people in my chat channel's thing), questing, farming dragons with a friend without getting one-shot... all while still being able to progress your character.

I've played 5000 hours... where do you think my character should be after that?

Parties of 8... parties of 8... parties of 8... parties of 8... parties of 8.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Gamician, Hornpipe, Retro and 5 others like this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You can sure kill a mutant crocodile with two master level characters, a dragon is a dragon :p

14. Drocis the Devious

You have to balance out the game for everyone.

If groups of 8 can get 1 million XP per hour (or some jackass solo player is getting that), how are either of those scenarios balanced for the rest of the player population?

15. Drocis the Devious

Fairly close to mine, as I've played close to that amount of hours. Yet your character, because of build and "efficiency" is miles ahead of me.

I've never seen anything close to 1 million XP per hour. The only reason you have is because the developers didn't design the game correctly.

Bankee likes this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Content that they can do solo means content my guild group can do and have a challenge. So content for them is content for everyone.

Mac2, Nikko and Sara Dreygon like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

I fail to see any logic in that statement. The harder the entry point to the content, the less people that can use it.

What you're describing is that you would either need to be level 120 or join a massive guild that will allow you to use the content. Where does that leave anyone not in a guild and lower level? SOL.

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm level 120 and get my ass handed to me tanking him with L130 defensive stance, L120 parry, L120 deflect, L110+ defense innates, and best armor I can make. None of this makes a 600-700 crit go away... crits too hard to consistently have success with him. Maybe death shield?

Gamician, Retro and Mac2 like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

So that's exactly what I'm talking about.

The developers had to find a solution to keep you guys from endlessly farming the dragon. They cheated. They made the crits go way up and they made them so you couldn't farm the dragon without dying. So now you don't farm the dragon!

But what's worse is that now NO ONE can really fight the dragon unless they're in a party full of people like you.

The end result being YOU (the people at the very top) have made the content unplayable for everyone else because you keep burning through it all. It's not your fault. It's the fault of the bad design that allows you to endlessly level and always get better.

If the devs would just stop that and bring you back to earth then we could all have more content.

20. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Lets bring this back to topic, please. I think there are a number of posts here that could be deleted, quite frankly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.