Two ADV level 90's - dragon slaying difficult

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Dragon just gets to one-shot more players now.

Gamician, Cryodacry and Retro like this.
  2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Thus the REAL problem. You SHOULD be able to tank it right now.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

8 people is not a massive guild. @Sara Dreygon mentioned high level content and you said "Why would the developers make more content for a small handful of people that are already miles apart from the rest of the playerbase?" One of the places mentioned was the Lich throne in The Rise. @Mac2 has a video of him 2 manning that. I can't 2 man it but my guild group can do it. So again high level content they can solo means group content for me and everyone else. I am not going to be jelly because they can solo something, I am just going to find a way that I can do it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Retro, Nikko, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Systems are interrelated... if you ask nicely we'll edit our posts, but it won't make the thread stand out more.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed... dragon isn't doable currently imo which it should be so that you and your friend can have fun farming him as i don't believe anyone currently is. Sorry it isn't a good tactic that can help but I think the problem is they need to reign his crits in so a player who gets crit can get healed instead of buried.

Gamician, Cryodacry, Retro and 2 others like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

What about players that don't wear "the best armor"? Or players that don't use melee weapons?

How do you allow two players in the 90's to "have fun" and at the same time allow someone at level 120+ to endlessly farm the dragon? What's the impact to the economy? What's the impact to the XP earned by players? How does this impact players that enjoy playing the game solo but don't have 5000 hours invested?

This isn't a simple fix where we just remove the crits and allow whoever wants to wear high avoidance armor and grind all day to have the keys to the city. If we're looking to balance the game, those days have to be over. There's going to have to be some sacrifice from the highest level players. Otherwise people are going to either stop playing this game, or they're going to abuse it using the same "best builds" which will only encourage more people to stop playing the game.

You have to understand what I'm saying is true, Sara Dreygon.

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

This has been happening since the beginning really. Its no good just moving the goal posts when people can do the content that's in the game. It alienates older players as then they cant do what they have been doing and likely took ages of TIME raising skills to a level to achieve this feat and also then makes it impossible for newer player to ever do that content.

The easy and sensible solution in my eyes would be to have kept what is as is, and add a new scene easily with the system we have with tougher content for older players. Also if they bought in factions/ownership of land/shardfalls with all the politics and baggage it brings forever farming/grinding the tough mobs for loot and xp would maybe have less shine.

Nikko, Numa and Mac2 like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yeah they could have added an ancient dragon instead, and make it nicer... ok ok I'm finished I really don't like the dragon model.

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Balancing so me and Mac get one-shot doesn't help the average player... it instead has the effect seen by the OP in this thread where nobody can do it so nobody does it... Grunvald went from fun for many to fun for none and is now literally a Barren.

Impact on XP is minimal as XP is now effectively "capped" below what Port sees as too much for one player. I could kill the dragon every 30 seconds and my XP will be the same as monkey room.

As for loot... that's an excellent question Port needs to figure out but hopefully that'll get fixed with the party loot system and also be a non-issue. I get 1x loot solo and 8 players each get 1x loot in a party.

Gamician, Retro and Nikko like this.
  10. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

The only thing scarier than a dragon is the green-eyed monster.

Sarielis likes this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Funny how this is exactly what I said was going to happen. Here is another person from a different thread talking about this.

And here are some of the things I said before this even happened.

"Well, on one side you have people complaining bosses should be harder and not soloable, and now they are, and here is the other side of complaints from that action. The shoe that fits one pinches another, there is no recipe for life that suits all. _ Carl Jung. Maybe they should have just left it alone instead of listening to people who cant kill it anyways."

"If you make it impossible for me to solo, its just pretty much impossible and becomes pointless content in the game. Already with the last changes to fortify defenses and the avoidance skill changes, only a few people can solo the low dragon in southern grunvald. You want to give something that can hit for 600+ damage a healing debuff, who is ever going to be able to kill it then, even with a party, do you see what I'm saying? I just find it funny most people who say it should not be soloable, are the same people who cannot solo it."

"I am probably one of the tankiest players in the game, I also have all my heals GMed. What I am saying is, if something blows me up, no one is going to be able to take that damage. "
    "Because not even a group will be able to do it. Do you understand? Gmed heals, top tank in the game, cant do it, who can? I cannot make this any clearer."

As you can tell, I am arguing with people.

"If you make it so I cannot survive the damage, pretty much no one can survive the damage. My defensive skills are 120 death shield, 120 def stance, 120 glancing blow, 120 fortify def, 100 parry, 100 offhand defense, 103 sympathy of stone, 100 bulwark of earth, 100 in all stats, 100 in healthy and heightened awareness, 100 in all fire skills, 120 in 6 ice skills and 100 in the rest , 100 in all shield skills and I am level 120. All my heals are gmed or above.

Know what, screw it, go ahead, buff the dragon so only a party of level 110+ can kill it with some uber tank person, I don't care, I am only trying to keep it so the casuals have a chance, but I am just getting attacked for trying to help them. Blow your own foot off, would just be another example of people complaining about the top people and getting things changed that effect everyone effectively shutting the door behind the top people, again."

I would say its funny that I was right, but this is not funny.

12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

WAY TO GO JERK! =P You all heard it here first: @Mac2 being right = no more nice things!

It really is a shame. The dragon used to be a pretty fun thing to go do because it was a challenge even when you were un-crittable. Now... however... USS NOPE setting sail.

I don't even think the loot was that good. It was probably way worse than the buffed artifact drop rate out of goody bags and farming somewhere like The Rise.

Gamician, Nikko and Mac2 like this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Oh its not even remotely close to the drop rate from supply bags.

Nikko likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are we talking about all dragons (even the low level ones) or just the top tier ancient dragons and such?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Which ones are "low level?"

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

The Dragon (Southern Grunvald Barrens / The Fall) is currently soloable if you use a shield (deflect + the innates).

If you dual wield or use a two-handed weapon it becomes a gamble and you can get stunned and 1/2-shot any time.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What about dragons from the stag encounters.

Numa and Sara Dreygon like this.
  18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

We have some players soloing the Dragon these days. Dhanas (as example using swords too, without shield), you can ask her if you want. High resistances, 70-80 avoid enough, and death shield and if you can get more than 800 hp you can't be killed by one dragon bite.

Sometimes they die but less than half encounters. I did not test myself (as ranged my best option is still the phoenix), and they are not close to adv 120, more about 100-110. Since the massive crits change, I only go with my friend, in dual archers we kill super fast and low possibilities to die, we both use Bone armor with 70-75% avoid. The loot table for this risk, is a joke IMO.

Agreed about everything else you said. We really need more group high level content.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Nikko, Retro and Sara Dreygon like this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

It doesn't take a party of 8 to have fun & profit in the K'rul monkey arena. Maybe we were just lucky then but my guild did it with less people and one of them was much lower level to boot (ie. me).

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

Maybe this is the way to go. I don't think there is much of a middle ground anyway in this debate.

Nikko, Bow Vale and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.