Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Magic Resist and me... what can i do ?

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by SteelCore, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Not sure if magic resistance is working as intended.

I went to The Rise like i do in every new release, had mostly gaiaism equipment on and the mages there kicked my ass. I checked the battle journal and noticed they do much more death magic damage now. So i went back home crafted new stuff and returned to the mage room with optimized gear, and with buffs plus attunement resists i became to the total amount of 190 necromancy resist. And guess what... i felt absolutely no difference from before.

So what can i do now @Chris ?

2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Celestial was nerfed but we can now use Purify too, which gives 20% more death resistance. My base death attunement is only 85 and I can survive if I don't rush the room.

But yes, the fire and death dmg from pve is higher now (we had x2 resistances in r50), now we have to adapt, one more time :)

hroth and Barugon like this.
  3. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Yes, different tactics works to clean the room but i was wondering if gear with warding gems are usefull anymore. There should be at least a significant difference if you go full resist or if you just wear your regular attunement gear.

Chatele, discipleofweb and hroth like this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There is also Fire Damage being dealt. It doesn't report it, just says something like "Eleven Mage does X amount of damage to player." I tried wearing both a Lich Ring & Fire Ward Ring, while wearing a chest with +16.1 Fire Resist and On Hit 5%: Fire Resistance. In addition I was using Purify as @Rada Torment suggested, Douse, and Ice Shield. No combonation seemed to make much difference. I'm sure it did make some difference, but hard to tell when you have the entire room attacking you, and they can just hit you through the walls. So, I gave up on trying to compensate with resists on gear and went full on INT and SCC on gear and was able to take on the whole room again. The extra INT and Spell Crit Chance seemed to help me stay alive, most likely because I was killing faster. You just have to find the strategy that works best for you. I would suggest using AOE's and DOT's to help you. I am a water mage and use Ice Field to slow them down, lower their water resists and do slight damage. Took me like 5 deaths to find a strategy that allowed me to solo the room again. They still nearly kill me, so I keep lots of Great and Imbued Healing on my Utility Bar to stay alive. Still slower than I was killing them before, but eh, it's working.

Edit: I was also using the +5 Magic Resistance town buff. There is also a Defiance instrument(think its a flute) that gives Magic resistance, don't have one so couldn't test it.

Numa and Rada Torment like this.
  5. Rada Torment

Should be, if not, there is something wrong there.

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I didn't notice any difference...I put on Lich Ring and my Death Attunement went up to like 135 and magi were still hitting super hard. I think that the Magi are doing equally as much Fire damage as they are Death Damage, so, even if you buff up your attunement in one or the other, you are still taking heavy damage from the one you didn't buff. Maybe using Ward gear for both damage types would help to lessen the damage. I noticed a huge increase in my damage when the +2000% Fire Resistance bug in Douse was corrected to +20 Fire Resistance. Need to find a nice balance between Fire and Death Resistances I think. Could be wrong, just guessing.

Rada Torment likes this.
  7. Rada Torment

Good advices, the magic resistance devotional and the flute!

Sorthious likes this.
  8. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I think they tweaked something with the resists somehow. I mean dont get me wrong, i find it ok that it is a bit harder now, i would even say the mage room has the perfect level at the moment. You have to be cautionous to pull the right amount of mobs to the right place, one more mob could be to much.
    So i like it how it is right now, i would just like to know if they tweaked something on the resists to make equipment planning more effective.

Sorthious likes this.
  9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Actually, it's +20 Death Resist...not %

Rada Torment likes this.
  10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah....I'm trying to figure that out myself. As I said, some of the damage types are being hidden by the game, which forces a player to try various Ward related gear and buffs to counter the damage. I don't really like that the damage type is being hidden, but, if you have time to pay attention to the visuals, you can work out what damage is being inflicted. This is provided you know what the visuals for every spell/attack in the game looks like. Creates a bit of a learning curve, but it does provide a nice challenge. The unfortunate bit is that I, personally, don't often have time to pay attention to the visual cues to analyze what I'm being hit with. It's a struggle just to stay alive sometimes, and my eyes are focused on my health and focus.

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Oh...one more thing I forgot. You can also use potions to help lessen the blow from Magi: Elemental Resistance(Fire,Water,Earth,Air) +25, and Magic Resistance(Life,Death,Sun,Moon) +25. If you have any of the Greater Resistance potions left, they give +50. I think one of the reasons they are doing all these resistance modifictions are to give people a reason to buy things off of crafters; potions(healing/buffs), and Gems/Jewels(Ward/Attunement mods)

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.