Anyone around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adrazz, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

I sponsored this game around 4 years ago, now it is released I want to have a look, I have logged in several times and wondered around, is it me or is the game very sparse of players?

2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Make sure you are in Multiplayer Online and not private/friends only.

jammaplaya and adrazz like this.
  3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I have been logging in from MP online mode since launch, and have yet to enter a scene, be it local or overworld, and not see a dozen or more players.

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I rarely log in and not see many people on. It is mostly on the overworld map.

5. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Lots of people play in Singleplayer or Party Mode because you can farm more to yourself if an area is busy. Sometimes I forget I am in party mode after a PvE farm.

Check that you yourself are not in Singleplayer or Party mode.

Also as a UK player it is very apparent to me that a large number of players seem to be American so are not on during UK peaks times.

I am not sure what peak time is right now but its 15:20 in UK. I would say its peak time somewhere between Islamabad and Kathmandu right now if I had to guess.

6. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

yeah that's my general impression, it just seems so empty, I pass a few people, but hardly feels bustling or alive, more sort of abandoned.

Cock of the North likes this.
  7. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Is it the empty house lots? Because that isn't for the lack of people rather than the lack of actual ability purchase them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  8. stile

stile Avatar

first, make sure your in multiplayer online before you log in.

next when you log in, be sure to go into your options, and uncheck the checkbox that disables zone chat, so that you cant see people talking around you.

try the /z command to talk to people in the zone. some zones are more popular than others, so a lack of zones does not mean any players, just that its not a popular zone. npc towns will usually have someone lurking around.

also another thing that will help that you probally have no idea that is there for you to use so you know your not in a dead world, is the "0" key on your numlock pad. Pressing this will show you nearby players... unfortunately you have to be forward in this game, and some people will be upset with you, but you really dont have many options to get to know people so.. you have to message them at that point out of the blue and randomly. or you can friend them and if they accept talk over time, etc.

Also make sure your fully patched up or you may not see other people.

also go to central Brittany on the overland map, and hangout and a lot of people will be around off and on.. sort of like having to go a place where people can chat and meet since its hard to do other ways.

Another in game way to meet and talk to people is the nobles channel, but you have to own a discourse orb.

But yeah, i think theres always people floating about, its just their invisible to each other.

9. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

Joining the Shroud Discord Channel may be helpful also. Can be setup to be used ingame (have only tested within my guild channel thou)

Here’s a link

https://discord.gg/FV4MkbQ

Oyjord Hansen and adrazz like this.
  10. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

Brilliant, thank you so much for the tips, I will log in later and check it out and head to Brittany!

Vladamir Begemot and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

It's still fairly sparse on players. I'm seeing more than before release, but I can still sit on the overworld map outside Brittany and not see players very often at all. But there are a few people around if you wait around long enough.

adrazz likes this.
  12. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

Thanks ;)

13. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Nobody walks anywhere. We friend every player in the game and use teleport scrolls to just zip around the place like Q out of Star Trek. Blink and you will miss us.

Travelling through Passes and Sieges constantly to get anywhere through 6 loading screens, 8 if you get jumped by bandits wolves or skeletons on the road.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Stella Moon and adrazz like this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The multiplayer mode also does not automatically place you in the same online instance where there is the most players... so you could indeed be walking alone in your "group" if for example three other instances are full of people.

It's a limitation with the number of people the server can handle at once or in one scene, so the solution to that is to zone to a friend player who's been online for longer and has been meeting more people. I also notice more people if I turn on PvP because the game attempts to match me with like minded players.

The world is also huge with approximately half players playing in single player private or party private modes... so it might look empty at times, you can often invite those players back to multiplayer mode once they are friended. If we had crammed everyone in the same instances and left only NPC towns it would look much more alive but there wouldn't be all that space for people to create their own domains, and thus less happy players making the world feel alive.

adrazz likes this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I play often, and I am very rarely in Multiplayer Online mode. I just like to play with my friend, for the most part. I may pop into Multiplayer mode from time to time, but I think there are a lot of people like me around that just have a select few players that they like to play with. It is nothing against the populous, I just like playing this way. Keep in mind that this happens often, as well.

17. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

It's x2 xp time, many are in friends mode at top hunting spots just grinding. *looks at self*

Chatele and Stella Moon like this.
  18. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Hi adrazz

you will soon find us we are out there it is a good idea to join the discord server

feel free to send me a friend request by typing in the chat box "/friend skeggy media" not the quote marks and I will accept the request.

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

adrazz and Stella Moon like this.
  19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If you're new and looking for players to interact with, the perennial coast has been bustling since release. Especially right in and around Soltown.

Tiki Pirate, Chatele and adrazz like this.
  20. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

Great will head over there later, thanks for the tip ;)

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.