Constant overcharge and missing refunds.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winterweaver, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Sadly enough after my two threads about being overcharge buying CotOs and fighting for my rights (refunds), I got a lot of PM's telling me how players have paid for stuff they didn't get and other critical issues.
    I thought this situation would eventually also happen to me ... and it has.

History:

Buying CotO's on crown shop with a holiday discount between Christmas 2019 and new years eve 2019, I paid the full amount and didn't get the discount. I wrote here on forum and got all the missing discounts refunded.

See screenshot of my bank account (if too small to read > click the + to enlarge):

The purchase in crown shop and refunds, happened between dec. 27th 2019 (27-12-2019) and dec. 31st 2019 (31-12-2019).
    The purchase in crown shop dated 03-01-2020 happened in 2019, but my bank account couldn't be billed until first bank opening day, which was 3rd of january.

[​IMG]

Likewise the related refund of $40 - same date. So as I wrote in the thread about fighting for rights - rights matters, all overcharging was refunded.

Now, the sad situation as other players have experienced eventually happened to me.

I bought CotO's in the crown shop between jan. 16th and 31st. Screenshot and purchase is shown in my add-on account as 1, 2 (3) & 4.

[​IMG]

Price total 3 x $100 = $300, but as you can see in my bank account I am charged 3 x $125 = $375 / overcharge = 3 x $25 = $75.

I wrote a PM to Chris the same date as purchase #1 = jan. 16th to ask for the refund.

Later I bought ref; #2, (3) and #4.

I have waited long enough and lost patience, because I ... see no action, no will and am ignored.

Since the subscription is also overcharged $9 / $11.25 - I have cancelled my subscription.

[​IMG]

Secondly - despite the previous refunds and my positive review on Trustpilot, I will change the review so it mirrors the latest events.

Reason, I have despite several PM's to Chris not been refunded anything since purchase #1. I have had a confusing response via email from Chris where he claims refunding of #1, but it didn't go into my bank account.
    And despite later PM's asking for refund ... no action!

One curious remark; the purchase marked (3) - green 28-01-2020 in my add-on account shows a bill of $80. That particular purchase was announced in the crown shop with a $20 discount = $80. The exact same amount was drawn from my bank account = $80 !
    Strange - right?

When this could occur, why can't all other purchases occur exactly the same?

Anyway ... compare the add-on account and bank account and get wiser. Until I get the 3 x $25 refunded AND until they fix the subscription overcharge, I can't and won't be a monetary support anymore (like a bunch of players). And I won't bother sending a ticket to support, I tried that and I was ignored, like my PM's to Chris are ignored.

I simply ask and wonder; is this a former, present and future policy to treat loyal players like that?
    If so, first the active player pool will diminish. Out of that many players will leave. Many will not return - and eventually the player pool can't uphold the monetary and economical status - and expense will exceed the income.

I have seen, been part in this and left ... in other games - like other players.

Now only remains to change my review on Trustpilot and hopefully this thread will not be censored. They did let the other two threads rest on forum, so one can always hope.

A proactive remark regarding our country VAT: The overcharge has nothing to do with our danish country VAT, because if I pay a VAT via crown shop, the paid VAT should go to the danish tax authorities. Not likely to happen - right?
    > And I don't pay VAT in other games! <

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Girlsname likes this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please do not send support items to Chris if you expect immediate response. The proper avenue for support is support@portalarium.com -- he gets to his direct messages here and there, but he is not the first echelon of support for tickets and your messages are getting mixed in with a LOT of other messages from people that are entirely not support related. He gets messages direct from players via in-game mail, twitch, discord and these forums. Some folks even email him directly and via phone, depending. None of those avenues are proper for a support request. We simply don't look for ticket items there and it adds to your delay.

I've locked this thread, but it will not deleted it. This will be addressed, and you will be contacted via email from support@portlarium.com this week. I do not have access to billing items, so I'll need tier 2 support to help me figure this out.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Rentier and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.